THE SHOW ON NOVEMBER 18, 2015 IS SOLD OUT.
BUT GOOD NEWS! TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR OUR BIG HOLIDAY SHOW ON SATURDAY DEC 12 IN DOWNTOWN LA. THIS IS GOING TO BE A VERY FUN WEEKEND EVENT IN A BEAUTIFUL 100-YEAR OLD THEATER/SYNAGOGUE/CHURCH. DETAILS TBA.
Love the live show? Share the shame at home, too. Listen to The Mortified Podcast!
Ripped from the pages of real life, Mortified Live (getmortified.com) is a storytelling show where adults share their most embarrassing childhood letters, lyrics, journals, home movies and artwork... in front of total strangers. Equal parts comedy, theater, and therapy, Mortified has been hailed "a cultural phenomenon" by Newsweek and featured on This American Life, NBC's Today Show, Entertainment Weekly, Chicago Tribune, Boston Globe, & Talk of the Nation. The project operates grassroots chapters in 10 cities (from LA to DC to Paris) as well as produces podcasts, books, film and TV projects.
Mortified's LA chapter also features music from The Mortified After School Orchestra.
IMPORTANT EVENT NOTES:
- SEATING: Please be advised, King King is a club venue, not a theater-- seating is limited (1st come, 1st served) & many attendees are standing. If seating is important to you, our best suggestion is to have a member of your party arrive when doors open. Or if you have health issues that require special arrangements, email us far in advance & we will do our best to help reserve seating. As a heads up, King King typically offers seating for about 70% of house.
- AGES: 21+. No minors.
- FOOD & DRINK: While King King has a full bar, it does not serve food. That said, the venue has given Mortified fans special permission to bring in food-- provided that people promise to clean up their wrappers or containers. Tasty neighboring eateries include Lucky Devil & Loteria Grill.
- DOOR TIMES: House doors open 60 min. prior to an event (usually about 7pm).
- CANCELLATIONS: All tickets are non-refundable as per the policy of the ticketing vendor.
- NO-SHOWS: Tickets are held for until showtime. After that time, space is released to wait listed patrons.
- COST: Online adv. ticketing is lower than day-of door prices
- WAIT LISTS/SOLD OUT STATUS. If a show is sold out, the venue does offer 'some' tickets at the door on the night of a show. The # of people we can let in fluctuates each month due to a variety of factors, but our goal is try to get everyone in. Please note, tickets bought at the door for a sold-out show are generally for standing room only.
Sign up for Mortified's official mailing list to get news on future shows, special events and more.
* * *