San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Ripped from the pages of real life, Mortified Live (getmortified.com) is a storytelling show where adults share their most embarrassing childhood letters, lyrics, journals, home movies and artwork... in front of total strangers.Equal parts comedy, theater, and therapy, Mortified has been hailed "a cultural phenomenon" by Newsweek and featured on This American Life, NBC's Today Show, Entertainment Weekly, Chicago Tribune, Boston Globe, & Talk of the Nation. The project operates grassroots chapters in 10 cities (from DC to LA to Malmo, Sweden) as well as produces books, film and TV projects.
IMPORTANT EVENT NOTES:
- SOLD OUT STATUS: If a show is sold out, the venue offers a limited number of tickets for sale at the door. Please note, tickets bought at the door for a sold-out show are generally for standing room only.
- AT THE DOOR: Tickets sold at the door are CASH ONLY ($15)
- ALL SHOWS ARE ASL INTERPRETED.
- SEATING: Please be advised, seating is limited (1st come, 1st served) & many attendees are standing. If seating is important to you, our best suggestion is to have a member of your party arrive when doors open. Or if you have health issues that require special arrangements, email us far in advance & we will do our best to help reserve seating.
- AGES: 18+. Under 18 must be accompanied by a parent.
- FOOD & DRINK: Spiderhouse Ballroom has a full bar and and food truck outside.
- DOOR TIMES: House doors open 60 min. prior to an event (usually about 6:30 pm).
- CANCELLATIONS: All tickets are non-refundable as per the policy of the ticketing vendor.
- NO-SHOWS: Tickets are held until showtime. After that time, space is released to wait listed patrons.
- COST: Online adv. ticketing is lower than day-of door prices.
Sign up for Mortified's official mailing list to get news on future shows, special events and more.
* * * *
ALSO AVAILABLE - MORTIFIED BOOKS!
Our debut anthology, Mortified: Real Words, Real People, Real Pathetic, has been hailed by NBC's Today Show, DailyCandy, E! and Esquire. Our second anthology, the romance-themed Mortified: Love Is a Battlefield , continues the Mortified tradition, delivering a heartbreaking Valentine to our collective past.