You want to be a great programmer, we get that, but it's probably not technical skills that are holding you back. Did you know that:
- Only one in three custom software projects is finished on time, on budget and with all required functions, and as many as one in seven are abandoned before completion? These delays and failures represent countless lost hours and opportunities for project sponsors.
- The best programmers are 10 times more productive than the average programmer? This is not because they are technical geniuses, it's because they have learned to think differently about building custom software.
- The average tenure for a programmer is less than two years because we do a poor job picking projects and teammates? This turnover impacts our job satisfaction and the success of our projects.
These are issues your project sponsors care about, and these are not technical issues, they are leadership issues. Sure, you can study yet another technology to add to your toolbox, but that won't help you develop breakthrough skills or advance in your career.
Do you really want to be a great programmer and give your projects the best chance to succeed? Do you want to be respected and sought after by your stakeholders and peers? Do you want to increase your chances for a promotion or new career opportunities?
Then you need to stop thinking like the herd and start thinking like a leader.
This fun, one-day workshop will show you how.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How software projects get delayed or go off track and simple changes that will greatly improve your project's chance of success
- How to think strategically and make smarter decisions when choosing technologies, techniques and methodologies
- How to get all project participants on the same page, communicating well and making good decisions
- How to attract and pick teammates who fit your organization's culture, have the right technical skills for your unique needs and will enjoy solving your problems
- How to host productive meetings that people want to attend
- How to sell your ideas and communicate effectively with stakeholders and users
- And much more
Leadership is not about title or role, it is about taking ownership for the outcome of your projects and ultimately, your own job satisfaction and happiness.
Want to be a great programmer? Be a leader. We'll help you get there.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This workshop teaches concepts and techniques valuable to mid-level programmers through managers and directors. In your organization:
- Who decides what technologies to use, how to use them, and what "best practices" are best for your unique projects and teams?
- Who helps your business team figure out how systems should work and what features should be built?
- Who is responsible for ongoing communication within the technical team or between the technical and business teams?
- Who participates in your hiring process?
Those decision makers and communicators – at all levels – will benefit from this workshop.
EARLY-BIRD PRICING - $495
Register one month or more in advance and save $200 off the full price of $695. Workshop limited to 30 participants and will sell out so register today!
What's the refund policy?
All registrations are transferrable. Full refunds are available up to 30 days before the event, or up to 7 days before the event if someone on the waiting list buys the registration. Refunds in last 7 days are solely at the discretion of the organizer.
Where can I learn more?
Visit edgethinkers.com, call Scott at 502-625-6500, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Date and Time
Grand Rapids, MI