San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
So long Spring! You were short and sweet but now it's time to ready ourselves for the Texan summer. Let Moontower Co-op lend y'all a hand by serving up some good ole slow roasted brisket, honey-cream biscuits, locally-sourced produce, and small batch ales and ciders prepared specially for this event out on the picturesque Tecolote Farm! This will be a great opportunity to learn more about the Moontower Co-op and join up at our membership table as a supporting member of the cooperative.
We'll also be purchasing tons of produce from local farms to help ease the financial burden of widespread crop damage resulting from the hailstorm in early April. We'll have more local produce dishes than y'all can shake a stick at! So let's all pitch in, buy some tickets, and help support the wonderful growers supplying our local food and farm communities in Central Texas!
To further ease the transition into summer with our good friends at Tecolote Farm we'll have some local bluegerass musicians and massage therapists practicing their arts and cultivating our sense of good cheer and well-being! Representatives of Moontower's partner groups will also be on hand to tell you all about our common efforts to support local agriculture and community development.
- Slow roasted brisket from Winters Family Beef brined in assorted smoked peppers from Tecolote Farm, brown sugar, kosher salt, and shaved pecan wood, glazed with a homemade Texas pomegranate syrup. Served with carmelized shallots from Green Gate Farms
- Honey cream biscuits with Tecolote Farm eggs, Round Rock honey, and Stryk Farm dairy
- Grilled heads of escarole from Tecolote Farm with balsamic vinegar, Round Rock honey, and olive oil from Texas Hill Country Olive Company
- Roasted baby beets from Phoenix Farms with fresh herbs from Green Gate Farms and a Texas citrus vinaigrette
- Baby heirloom lettuce salad accompanied by some combination of frisee, radicchio, arugula, and chicory from Tecolote Farm with a meyer lemon and tahini dressing
- Bright Day IPA: 5 hop varieties including a triple hop finish; Landlocked Surfer Brewing
- Binnen Hefeweizen: a traditional Bavarian hefe, with some Vienna malt thrown in for good measure; Landlocked Surfer Brewing
- Spiced Texas Farmhouse: a crisp, refreshing saison with hibiscus, orange and grapefruit from Mission, TX; Landlocked Surfer Brewing
- Smokin' Hot Blonde: mesquite-smoked malt and a healthy serving of jalapeños; Landlocked Surfer Brewing
- Belma: hoppy session ale made with only golden promise malt and Belma hops; Spent Planet Fermentation
- Adventure Hippy: tart wheat ale blended with Hibiscus kombucha; Spent Planet Fermentation
- The Outsider: sour stout aged in Garrison Brothers whiskey barrel; Spent Planet Fermentation
- Spiced pomegranate, apple, and ginger cider; Split Rail Ales
- Apple cider with peach, lavender, and Round Rock honey; Split Rail Ales
So come on out to Tecolote Farm and let's continue to build our food and farm communities!
When & Where
Moontower Co-op is working to support and cultivate the local food and farm communities by serving as the regional food hub for Central Texas. By addressing and providing solutions to the logistical challenges and infrastructure deficiencies present in the local food system Moontower Co-op will realize its two largest objectives:
- 1. Keep Farmers Farming by strengthening ecologically sound, and socially responsible local food production through cooperation in food distribution , value-added product preparation, and farmer producer member support services such as; bulk purchasing opportunities, educational training, tax, healthcare and insurance assistance, and access to specialized agricultural equipment.
- 2. Keep Food Local by giving large-scale buyers, such as institutions (universities, public agencies, etc.), hospitals, and corporate offices, reliable access to locally-produced food, as well as providing education and volunteer training opportunities and community events for supporting members.