Monthly Seminar Series - 2011 Business Coaching Seminars for Presidents and CEO’s: “Succeeding with 8(a) and Federal Procurement”
Friday, September 30, 2011 from 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM (EDT)
The Mid-Atlantic Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
invites you to attend its annual seminar series
2011-2012 Business Coaching Seminars for Presidents and CEO’s:
“Succeeding with 8(a) and FederalProcurement”
led by Dick Otero of EZcertify.com and its team of nationally ranked business consultants.
Have you ever wondered why some of your 8(a) federally certified fellow business owners grow to incredible size, succeed beyond any reasonable person’s dream, graduate from the 8(a) program without missing a beat, and eventually get sold, or continue their operations post 8(a) graduation generating millions of dollars in wealth for their owners?
If this thought has ever crossed your mind, and you’re willing to invest a few hours of your time, each month, over the next 12 months actively interacting with, and learning from, former 8(a) Presidents and owners “who have already made it”, and who are now living the good life and are willing to share their career experiences with you, then EZCertify.com, The Fairfax Business Coach, the Alexandria Chamber, the Greater Springfield Chamber and the Mid-Atlantic Hispanic Chamber of Commerce have a very special invitation for you.
Seminar #1: “Dispelling the Myth and Fears of Federal Procurement and the 8(a) Program”
When: Friday, September 30, 2011 from 8:00 AM till 12:30 PM
Where: Fair Oaks Marriott, 11787 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy, Fairfax, VA 2203
Cost: Admission free, but you must pre-register. Register online now!
- The 8(a) Program – What is it? How does it Compare and relate to the WOSB, HUBZone and State of Virginia Certifications?
- 8(a) Participants – A National, Virginia and Fairfax County Statistical Profile of the Companies
- The Real Benefits of Being Certified; It’s Lot’s More than Just Contracting!
- Dispelling the Myths Surrounding Federal Contracting and the 8(a) Program
- Do You Qualify? You Can Find Out if You Do in 10 Minutes or Less!
- The 8(a) Application – Cautions and Tips to Successfully Complete all of the Many Pieces of the Application
- Why so Few Apply; What About You?
- Why so Few Succeed; What are the Issues that the SBA has Problems With?
- The Success Stories; There are Many Right in Your Own Backyard.
- How do I Get Certified? It’s Easier Than You May Currently Think.
- Questions and Answers (until your are satisfied that YOU CAN or CAN’T be certified)
- A gift of EZCertify’s 8(a) Certification Software, a $300 value for FREE!
- Seminar #2: Marketing – Staking Out Your Target Prospects; Finding Real Contracting Opportunities That are Not Already Wired for Your Competitors - October 2011
- Seminar #3: Selling – Getting Appointments, Closing the Deals, and Avoiding Being “Jerked Around” by Prospects Who Will Never Buy From You- November 2011
- Seminar #4: The 8(a) Procurement Process – You Must Know the Players, Processes and the Paperwork to be Successful as an 8(a) Contractor; It’s a “Differentiator” - January 2012
- Seminar #5: Proposal Management and Preparation – Deciding What to Bid, Developing and Implementing a Strategy to Win, and Managing/Writing Winning Proposals - February 2012
- Seminar #6: Marketing and Sales Management – Learn How to Use Federal Procurement Forecasts, BIZOPPS, Federal Procurement Data System data and How to Develop a Simple, Yet Realistic Plan, and A System You Must Work Every Day to “Book the Business”- March 2012
- Seminar #7: Project Management – Treating Every Contract as if it were an Independent Small Business; Successful Projects and How to Create and Preserve Them - April 2012
- Seminar #8: Financial Management – You Must Know What Numbers and Trends to Keep Your Eyes On to Anticipate and Avoid Disasters, and Most of These Don’t Come From Your Accounting System - May 2012
- Seminar #9: Financing Your Business – Finding and Securing Capital; Receivables-Based Borrowing; Raising Equity; Vendor Financing: and SBA Loan Programs; Creating a Loan or Equity Proposal - June 2012
- Seminar #10: Company Management – You Must Develop a Plan to Graduate from the 8(a) Program from the Start, and Implement a New Way of Managing as you Get Closer to Graduation Day - July 2012
- Seminar #11: Networking for Results – Organizations That You Must Join, and What They Can and Can’t Do for You; Business “Influencers” and How to Have Them Work for You; Participating in “Mentor-Protégé” Programs - August 2012
- Seminar #12: Putting It All Together – Become an Active Member of the Fairfax County Economic Development Scene, and participate in a targeted Federal Procurement Workshop with “real business opportunities” - September 2012
We are absolutely convinced that from every seminar, and certainly by the end of this management coaching series, you will have a new blueprint for achieving a material improvement in your own management competence, and your company’s performance.
For More Information: Please contact Jackie Krick at 703-981-7145 or Jorge Ribas at 301-404-1946.
When & Where
Mid-Atlantic Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (MAHCC)
The MAHCC is a multi-state business organization serving the Mid-Atlantic Region. It advocates for economic, workforce and community development, and it champions our Nation's capital and the Mid-Atlantic region as premier international destinations and sought-after locations to visit, start a business, live, work and play. Since its inception in 2002, it has earned a sterling reputation for being one of the most dynamic chambers of commerce and it has become one of the leading voices for small- women-, veteran- and minority-owned businesses in the region.
The MAHCC is organized into five State Divisions: Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia and Virginia. State Divisons are organized into Chapters, each one led by a local leader and its own Leadership Council. Each chapters is represented by a voting members on the MAHCC Board of Directors.