Actions and Detail Panel
Money Advice Liaison Group Conference 2017
Mon, November 27, 2017, 8:45 AM – 5:30 PM GMT
The Money Advice Liaison Group (MALG) Conference is held each Autumn in London. It provides members and others working in related fields with an opportunity to network and debate current and future issues in the spirit of ‘working together to improve the lives of people in debt’.
Theme: ‘Shaping the future of debt advice’
The MALG Conference has traditionally been held at an academic venue with a programme designed for ‘grassroots’ money advisers. For its 30th anniversary in 2017, MALG is ‘shaking things up’ with a new look, new format and new venue that will make it into a more interactive event that pulls together all the threads of the customer journey from the prevention to the cure of problem debt.
MALG Chair and Chair of the conference Liz Barclay:
“I’d like this year’s conference to be a game-changer: to ‘disrupt’ current approaches and make people think. I want to say to our members – you are thinking about next year when you should be thinking 5 years/10 years hence – or we’ll always be behind the curve. We should be working together to come up with appropriate solutions for the longer term.”
The pace of change (particularly technological) is astronomical. As MALG, we have a job to do in making our members see that they are increasingly likely to be left behind and are not thinking far enough ahead or responding quickly enough to change to remain relevant. As a sector, we must be more agile, flexible and forward thinking.
Key issues that will be addressed include:
- Changing demographics of an ‘ageing population’ and ‘digital natives'
- The ‘Digital First’ age
- Accessibility of advice
It will feature:
- Inspirational keynote speakers from outside the sector who are leading thinkers on the key issues highlighted
- ‘Choice A’ Breakout Sessions dealing with the ‘here and now’ vs ‘Choice B’ Breakout Sessions looking at how to prepare for 2022
- Exhibition featuring interactive demonstrations of the latest tools and techniques
- A delegate list that pulls together all the strands of the money advice journey in one room, including money advisers, creditors, debt collectors, technology providers and others
Attendance at the conference is recommended to creditors, debt collection agencies, debt advisers, enforcement agents, regulators and anyone working within the consumer credit and debt industry.
Visit www.malg.org.uk/conference for more info.