$50

Moms & Mimosas Matinee

Event Information

Share this event

Date and Time

Location

Location

The Chocolate Sanctuary

5101 Washington Street

Gurnee, IL 60031

View Map

Friends Who Are Going
Event description

Description

Join us for a Sunday afternoon at The Chocolate Sanctuary to support a great cause! Grab your girlfriends and reserve your spot at our "Moms & Mimosas Matinee" on June 25, 2017! Expectant moms and ladies who hope to be moms are also welcome! Tickets are $50.00 each and include a chocolate-inspired buffet plus one mimosa or seasonal sangria. Wine and cocktails will be available at the bar. Every guest will receive one raffle ticket for a chance to win a $500 Visa gift card and other prizes! Additional raffle tickets can be purchased at the event.

All proceeds will benefit the diaper bank at Twice As Nice Mother & Child, which distributes over 100,000 diapers every year to Lake County families. As a member of the National Diaper Bank Network, the organization provides help and hope to families in crisis by distributing diapers at no charge so they can keep their babies clean, dry and healthy. Diaper need affects 1 in 3 families, which is an indication of just how critical such a basic need is for the children that they serve. A healthy child will require an average of 50 diaper changes per week and approximately 2,600 diaper changes per year. With more than 48% of the nation's children under age three living in poverty level or low-income families, there are approximately 5.4 million children who could use help. With a cost between $100 and $120 per month per child, diapers are an expense that many families struggle to afford. Safety net programs like food stamps and WIC do not cover diapers. As a result, some parents go without diapers or stretch their diaper supply by leaving their children in dirty diapers longer. Others reuse diapers. Not having diapers means that parents cannot leave their children with a childcare provider since most facilities require a supply of disposable diapers. If those children cannot go to daycare, their parents cannot go to work to earn money. Not having diapers means a longer time between changes, which can lead to severe diaper rash and other health problems. Not having diapers means that children who cry because their diaper is dirty will cry that much longer, increasing stress for parents struggling to make ends meet. Not having diapers can adversely affect a parent's feeling of self-worth, which negatively impacts the parent-child bond.

A diaper is a small thing, but it can impact BIG things. Twice As Nice Mother & Child believes that every child deserves to have enough diapers and they are committed to doing their part to close the diaper gap in Lake County. They make a difference in the community and improve the quality of life for families every day by ensuring that children have a sufficient supply of clean diapers. Although the organization distributes diapers free of charge, they purchase 90% of the diapers for their diaper bank. The other 10% are donated through diaper drives and individuals. The organization is run entirely by volunteers and does not receive any state/federal funding. They rely on fundraising events, diaper drives and financial support from the general public to fulfill their mission of providing diapers to families that need them. When families are unable to afford diapers for their children, they are often faced with a choice between buying diapers, paying bills or getting groceries. That is a choice that no family should have to make.

Diapers mean everything to struggling families and to the littlest members of our community. Your support of this event will help to give Lake County children a happier present and a brighter future.



Share with friends

Date and Time

Location

The Chocolate Sanctuary

5101 Washington Street

Gurnee, IL 60031

View Map

Save This Event

Event Saved