San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
It’s time for our next Mobile Monday Event – This time at the Protea Fire and Ice in Melrose Arch!
Microsoft’s acquisition of Nokia’s Devices and Services business has completed, and Microsoft is focused on bringing exciting devices, and apps, to South Africa and the rest of the world.
Windows Phone is doing incredibly well locally, and there is much excitement around the new Nokia X platform which has launched elsewhere in the world - providing a huge global market for apps.
At our next Mobile Monday Jo’burg event, Microsoft will be showing the latest devices, running hands on labs for Windows Phone development, and give a preview of the new Nokia X software platform, based on AOSP. On the night there will be more great prizes up for grabs.
If you are an Android developer, this is a great chance to start porting your apps.
REGISTER NOW for this extremely exciting event and stand a chance to win a Lumia 925!
If you are going to take part in the Android porting activities:
1. Register to become a publisher if you haven’t already done so http://developer.nokia.com/publish/
2. Register on http://dvlup.com and link you publisher account
3. Bring your .apk file to the event to port and publish.
4. bring laptop with developer environment setup should you want to make some changes on the fly.
5. Winner of the challenge will be chosen from successful ports
o Date: Monday 23rd June 2014
o Time: 17:30 for 18h00
o Venue: Protea Fire and Ice, Melrose Arch
o Address: 22 Whitely Street Melrose Arch Precinct Johannesburg
o Drinks and snacks will be served
o Entry fee: Free as always
** To qualify and enter competitions for prizes please install and setup WeChat to access MoMo’s “Official Account” http://bit.ly/1h2vNVJ **
When & Where
Mobile Monday South Africa
Mobile Monday is a global community of mobile industry visionaries, developers and influential’s fostering cooperation and cross-border business development through virtual and live networking events to share ideas, best practices and trends from global markets. Mobile Monday has the following objectives:
- To encourage innovation within the mobile sector.
- To facilitate networking between small and large companies, and between local and foreign.
- To help local companies effectively participate in international initiatives through the import and export of visions, concepts, technologies, know-how and best practices.
- To present innovative visions, trends, studies and forecasts from the mobile marketplace.
- To facilitate and create partnerships.
- To contribute to the education of the broader public through its publications, online presence and media partnerships.
Mobile Monday is organized by a group of dedicated volunteers from around the country. Originating in Helsinki, Finland, in the year 2000, Mobile Monday has grown into the world’s leading mobile community.