DATE: Monday, June 18, 2012 from 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
MOMO is back in Cape Town again, this time with "Mobile Applications and the Developer Community in South Africa".
Building on the success of our event in Joburg January this year, (See YouTube Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoqjW-ZZsA4) MOMO Cape Town will be hosting a similar event in Cape Town sponsored by Vodacom Digital Media.
With smartphone penetration in South Africa at 17% and rising, apps are going to be a critical tool for us in the way we use our mobile devices sponsored by Vodacom Digital Media, who is advancing the Mobile apps and the developer community in South Africa.
After the sponsor’s welcome, we’ll have a presentation all about the Vodacom Developer Programme and how it can help grow a vibrant developer community here in South Africa. We’ll then host a 10-minute panel discussion on mobile application development.; we have some exciting panelists lined up so watch this space!
And now for something new! We’ll be offering three developers the opportunity to pitch their apps at the event. Each developer will have two minutes—we’ll have a stopwatch at the ready—to wow the panel. It’s a great opportunity to get your app out there. The winner, as judged by the panel, will receive free promotion and be featured in the Vodacom App Store. Fill in the form here and we’ll choose the lucky three.
We look forward to seeing you!
Time: 5.30 for 6pm start
Date: 18th June 2012 (Monday)
Venue: Five Flies at 16 Keerom Road, Cape Town ( http://www.fiveflies.co.za/directions/ )
When & Where
Mobile Monday South Africa
Mobile Monday is a global community of mobile industry visionaries, developers and influential’s fostering cooperation and cross-border business development through virtual and live networking events to share ideas, best practices and trends from global markets. Mobile Monday has the following objectives:
- To encourage innovation within the mobile sector.
- To facilitate networking between small and large companies, and between local and foreign.
- To help local companies effectively participate in international initiatives through the import and export of visions, concepts, technologies, know-how and best practices.
- To present innovative visions, trends, studies and forecasts from the mobile marketplace.
- To facilitate and create partnerships.
- To contribute to the education of the broader public through its publications, online presence and media partnerships.
Mobile Monday is organized by a group of dedicated volunteers from around the country. Originating in Helsinki, Finland, in the year 2000, Mobile Monday has grown into the world’s leading mobile community.