Serve Side By Side With Your Children
Want to teach your children the value of service and giving? Well, the Mom It Forward Utah Chapter has just the opportunity for you! Take advantage of this amazing service project, hosted by Mom It Forward and sponsored by Make and Takes and Provo Craft, where you can serve side by side with your children all for a great cause.
- What: We'll be making spring crafts and ornaments to decorate the "April Tree" for the Christmas Box House.
- When: Sat., Mar. 28, 10 am to 12 pm
- Where: The Christmas Box House—3660 S. West Temple
- RSVP: In the ticket information section by 3/26. Please be sure to include the number in your party, excluding babies, so we know how many materials and how much food to purchase.
- For More Information: Please contact marie [at] makeandtakes [dot] com or momitforward [at] gmail [dot] with "Christmas Box House" in the subject line.
(Photo used with permission from Flickr.com)
What Is the Christmas Box House?
In 1997, The Christmas Box Foundation, with support from the community, agreed to fund and build a new shelter intake/ assessment and residential facility. This facility has greatly enhanced services to abused and neglected children and reflects a statewide model for delivery of best practice assessment and treatment services to victims of child abuse.
The Christmas Box House provides:
- Emergency residential services, 24 hours a day, 7 days-a-week, to children who have been removed from their homes due to abuse, neglect, or a foster care placement failure.
- Emergency intake and assessment services, based on a multi-disciplinary treatment approach, are available around-the-clock for youth to address their emotional, physical, educational and placement needs.
- The Residential Unit provides specialized care for a maximum of 34 children, ages 0-11. It provides state-of-the-art comprehensive services, which reflect best practice and innovative breakthroughs in childcare.
- Over 45 licensed Resource Homes within the community provide nurturing care to children for up to 28 days. Last year Resource families provided care within their homes for 619 children.
- For current volunteer and donation needs, please contact Tammy Champo at 801-269-7506, email@example.com, or Elisbeth Williams at 284-3301, firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Information and picture taken directly from http://www.cbh.slco.org/.)
When & Where
Mom It Forward (Utah Chapter) & Make and Takes
Mom It Forward
Mom It Forward
is the newest trend in mom groups and makes giving back fun, sociable,
accessible, and stylish—the new “in crowd” of moms where "mom" is a
verb. Not only is it fun, fosters friendships, but it is all for a good
cause—serving others and teaching our children to give as well.
The Mom It Forward mission is "to change the world one mom at a time." We will achieve that by 1) strengthening women, 2) helping them become the best moms they can be, and 3) providing ideas, opportunities to, and recognition for carry(ing) out the Mom It Forward mission in small and large ways, locally as well as internationally.
Make and Takes
Make and Takes is a blog (http://makeandtakes.com), featuring kid's crafts, party ideas, hands-on learning ideas, and much more. Blog author, Marie LeBaron, says: "My sisters and I often get together and they usually get to go home with something I’ve brought for us to make together. There’s been magnets, felt books, pillows, cards, you name it. My brother-in-law Brian always teases me and says, “What did you Make and Take today?” But I really do like to create and am always coming up with new and fun things to do. I also love to share these exciting finds—hence the Make and Take."
Marie's blog is a compilation of what she's learned as both an elementary-school teacher and a mother. It is a tremendous resource for moms everywhere!