Modesto Police Department Career Seminar
CHECK IN TIME - 8:30-9:00 AM
SEMINAR WILL BEGIN AT 9:00 AM SHARP
This is a free law enforcement career seminar open to the general public. Our emphasis will be on knowledge, preparation and your success towards a career in the law enforcement profession with the Modesto Police Department. We have a career waiting for you!
At our seminar, you will learn more about:
- The experience of being a member of the Modesto Police Department as told by several Modesto Police Officers and Professional Staff from a variety of rank and background.
- The testing process for both sworn and non-sworn positions at the Modesto Police Department.
- The Physical Agility Test. You will be able to participate in the actual test which is used by the Modesto Police Department in the testing process. This will be an opportunity for you to see what it will take, and what you may need to work on to make it through this step in the process.
- What it takes to prepare for an oral board examination. We will tell you what to expect, how to study and give you an opportunity to participate in a mock oral board examination.
- The process of a background investigation and polygraph examination. Hear from a background investigator about the important steps and some of the common questions you may have about the background and polygraph questions.
Things to remember:
- Wear comfortable clothes, including proper workout clothes if you plan to participate in the physical agility practice.
- If necessary, have your doctor evaluate your level of fitness if you plan to practice the physical agility test (physical agility testing is part of the testing process for a Police Recruit Applicant)
- Please, no clothes with logos or statements that is derogative or offensive in nature.
- Do not bring weapons or police gear of any kind.
- Even though we are located in a secure facility, please do not bring valuables. We are not responsible for lost property.
- Spouse, significant other, family members or friends must register to attend.
For questions, please contact the Recruiting Team at MPDRecruitment@modestopd.com or call (209) 572-9523.