The Modern Agile Manager is a 2-day workshop specifically designed to help managers in the middle (director level and down) develop the awareness and know-how needed to create organizational environments that give your Agile teams what they need to truly grow and prosper.
In this workshop, created by Michael Spayd and Michele Madore, derived from our combined decades of enterprise coaching, and from the worlds of lean thinking, leadership development, product development and human systems development, we narrowed it all down to address one simple question: what do agile teams need in order to not just be great agile teams, but to catalyze real organizational agility?
Less a collection of easy tips, this workshop provides a thought-provoking and highly engaging environment for managers and leaders who know that the work of sustainable Agile transformation is hard, and are wanting to dig down to find deeper insights and techniques that foster greater, more holistic, more sustainable agility.
Who Will Benefit from the Class
- Managers who have direct responsibility for the performance and development of agile teams and programs.
- Managers who are managing and leading an agile transformation.
- Managers who want to increase their transformational capability.
This is definitely not an introductory Agile class. Attendees must have basic training in Agile, such as Scrum, Kanban or SAFe, and should be currently managing an Agile implementation, or preparing to do so.
Outcomes the Class Will Produce
By participating in this workshop, you will
- Know and “own” your role as an agile leader: when to step in and direct a team, when to step back and let a team make its own decisions, when to coach, when to mentor, and what to pay attention to across the broader organizational environment.
- Have a deeper understanding of the agile process architecture and where you can fudge things and where you can’t.
- Learn how to use professional coaching skills to have 1-on-1 conversations with direct reports that help them grow as leaders.
- Learn how to maximize product life cycle profits by managing the delicate balance between focusing on customer value, on the one hand, and managing technical debt, on the other.
- Learn how to apply systems thinking tools to characterize and resolve your greatest organizational challenges.
- Understand what it means to empower your teams in ways that does not require you to abdicate your responsibility as manager to the larger organization, or your leadership.
- Understand yourself better as a leader in an agile environment.
The Modern Agile Manager is oriented around an Integral model of organizational and change work that offers a comprehensive, systemic view of organizations and organizational change. This model and approach provides leaders with the key levers and dials they need to create highly adaptive Agile environments. The workshop’s main topics track this model.
Maximizing Product Lifecycle Profits:
Managing technical debt while maximizing the delivery of customer value; the integrity of agile team practice; understanding the phases of agile team development and knowing how to best support the team where they are; the deeply interlocking nature of agile practices.
Growing Other Leaders:
The difference between a person’s ‘inner’ game (their level of emotional and cognitive development) and their ‘outer’ game (the skills, competencies and abilities they are able to practice regularly); key skills of professional coaching to help others grow their inner game; learn how to effectively engage in pivotal conversations; honestly assess your own leadership capacity using the Leadership Circle Reactive-Creative framework.
Resolving Impediments So That They Stay Resolved:
Problems and impediments reveal organizational impediments that otherwise go unseen; detecting the hidden dynamics of systems behavior that generate organizational dysfunction; learn to use systems thinking tools to uncover and remediate those hidden dynamics.
Creating a Culture of Shared Vision, Purpose, and Alignment.
Learn an extremely compelling model for deciphering the cultural make-up of your organization, and how to leverage some of your greatest cultural ‘deficits’ for the greater good of your Agile transformation; learn how to leverage the latest in relationship systems intelligence ™ technology to more powerfully influence how groups and teams can work together.
Trans4mation is dedicated to helping leaders develop the agility of mind needed to face the challenges of 21st Century business and technology. To leverage leadership as a competitive advantage.
If you have any questions, please call Michele Madore directly at (804) 305-6786.
Find us at: www.trans4mation.coach