With the endorsement of GSMA Mobile Asia Expo 2014, the MobileMonday China Start-up Challenge is back by popular demand. A cooperation between MobileMonday Shanghai and Beijing Chapters, this is one of the premier events in China to showcase how unique and innovative your mobile startup is! Become one of only 15 startups that will be given the opportunity to present in front of a jury of VCs, Angel Investors, Tech Incubators and successful Mobile Entrepreneurs. In typical MobileMonday fashion, audiences will also be given the chance to ask tough questions. The fun doesn’t stop there! The Winner and Runners-up from this event will then move onto the final round on June 11th at The Innovation Labs @ Mobile Asia Expo, and gain international exposure and PR.
This competition is open to startups that satisfy the following criteria:
• Mobile internet startup, preferably mobile-centric at inception
• At least 6-months old, but younger than two years
• Not yet VC-funded; seed and angel investment under $1M USD
• Have a product on iOS, Android or other mobile platform that can be demonstrated during the competition (or, if a commercial product or demo is not yet available, a video demo of the product on a mobile emulator)
• Provide slides in English.
• Present in Chinese or English; 5 minutes + Q & A,
To apply, send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Slide presentation, max 10 slides, using the following ppt template (click here: MobileMonday application template 2014)
• Product demo or video
For audiences: there will be an entry fee of 100 RMB per person to attend this exclusive event; as seating will be limited to the first 100 guests that sign up, please register as soon as possible.
Date: June 9th, 2014 MobileMonday China Start-up Challenge 2014 With the Official Endorsement of GSMA & Mobile Asia Expo, from 7pm to 10pm
Location: Kathleen’s 5 – 5th Floor Shanghai Art Museum
Address: 325 W. Nanjing Road (opposite JW Marriott Hotel, cross the street Huangpi Nan Road)
19:00: Doors Open. Networking with light refreshments and a drink
19:30: Welcome Address
19:35: Words from GSMA Ltd, the Mobile Asia Expo organizers
19h45: Startup pitches, Q&A,
21:15: Jury vote
21:30 Winning startups announced
21:35: More networking, drinks and food
Again, we thank GSMA MOBILE ASIA EXPO 2014 for their Endorsement!
- A cooperation between MobileMonday Shanghai and Beijing Chapters
Visit Asia's premier mobile event, the GSMA Mobile Asia Expo from 11-13 June 2014 at Shanghai New International Expo Centre, Shanghai, China. For more details visit our
Mobile connects us to new information, possibilities, people, ideas and experiences. The 2014 Mobile Asia Expo will celebrate and expand on the connections offered by mobile. Senior industry leaders will learn about new developments and make the connections needed to grow their business in the years ahead, and consumers passionate about mobile will discover devices and technologies that will keep them connected to what matters most.
Mobile Asia Expo 2014 will include:
- A world-class Expo encompassing three halls, showcasing cutting-edge technology, demonstrations, products, devices and apps to mobile professionals and mobile-passionate consumers
- The Mobile Forum, a world-class thought-leadership conference with engaging keynote speakers and compelling panel sessions
- Incredible C-Level Networking opportunities to grow your business network
- Brand New for 2014 GSMA Mobile Innovation Workshop and Start-Up Alley exhibition area in Hall 3 providing a bespoke platform for mobile innovators, App developers and the start-up community
- An expanded version of the popular GSMA Connected City, a real city street in the heart of our expo showcasing the future of the ‘connected life’
Don’t miss this industry-changing event. Make plans to join us in Shanghai, 11-13 June 2014, where our international audience will be Making Global Connections. By purchasing a Gold pass with this 15% Discount Code G157NENDLA, you can gain access to The Mobile Forum. Or, get a free Exhibition Visitor Pass with SCQ6G9QJFB code that will give you access to various activities on the exhibition floor. Click here to register today.
If you have interest in exhibiting your products or services at Mobile Asia Expo, contact Peter Brady at pbrady@gsma and give him exhibition code MoMoGSMA14 to receive a 15% discount on your pod within the Innovation Zone
Find out about the latest technologies and opportunities which can help your applications reach a wider market at GSMA@AppPlanet, part of Mobile Asia Expo (MAE) 11th to 13th June 2014 in Shanghai.
On Thursday 12th June in the App Lab come and hear from a great line up of presenters as part of the must-attend developer event at MAE. Speakers will cover the app ecosystem in Asia with up to date analytics, plus workshops on HTML5 and web technologies. We will also look at new ecosystems and opportunities, our speakers include experts from Intel, Mozilla, 360, Smart and Axiata group.
China Mobile Internet Base are playing a big role in this year’s developer event with an interesting line-up of content in the afternoon.
Alongside this developer day in the App Lab, we will be hosting a hangout area during all three days of MAE where developers are invited to showcase their products and services which add value to consumers and enterprises. If you have a product which you would like to showcase to an audience of decision makers from many of Asia’s key telecoms companies then please contact email@example.com and tell us more about your company and the service you would like to promote. There is no cost to those chosen to showcase their work in our developer showcase area.
Find out more about GSMA@AppPlanet
The GSMA@AppPlanet schedule is open to holders of Exhibition Visitor and Gold Passes, be sure to get your ticket at the early bird rate ahead of the event!
We look forward to seeing you at MAE!