:: Registration is mandatory and limited to 100 | Cost is 100RMB at the door ::
By now you probably heard the term “Shanzhai” or “bandit”. Trend, counter-culture, anti-mass market, there are many ways to describe it. In the telecom industry, the estimated 250 million “bandit phones” or shanzhaiji (山寨机)manufactured in 2008 had a deep impact on the results of tier 1 manufacturers and major local brands. This #28 session titled “Shanzhaiji: Creative copycatting, industry threat?” will investigate the economics, legal, creative and cultural aspects of what has been recognized as a major force in the mobile market. The event will take place at OrangeLabs’ Innovation Gardens in Zhongguancun.
- Mr. Karl J. Weaver, Principal | Newport Technologies
- Ms. Scully Meng, Journalist & Editorial Assistant | Chinadialogue
The presentation will be followed by a Q&A session.
:: Participation fee: 100 rmb ::
(payment is at the door and includes light buffet)
:: Access map ::
Attendance is limited to 100 participants so we recommend to register early. As usual, doors open at 19:00 and we start sharp at 19:30pm.
10th floor, South Tower, Raycom Infotech Park C
2, Ke Xue Yuan Nan Lu, Haidian District
Tel: (010) 6257 1188
19:00 - Doors Open
19:30 - 21:00 - Presentations, Q&A
21:00 - 22:30 - Networking & Buffet
Looking forward to meeting you on Monday May 11!
Benjamin Joffe | +8* | Plus Eight Star
benjamin [a][t] mobilemondaybeijing.com
- Mobile Advertising | May 11
- Mobile Games | February 23
- Mobile Predictions for 2009 | January 19
- Foreign Mobile Firms in China | November 24
- Mobile Social Networks | October 27
- Mobile Platforms | September 22
- Made by China: Chinese mobile companies going abroad | July 21
- The Long March to 3G | May 26
- Mobile Monday Peer Awards | March 31
- Mobile, Women and Fashion | February 25
- The 7th Media | January 14