Mobile Application Development in iOS
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM - Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM (PST)
If you are interested in developing mobile applications for Apple devices, join us for General UI’s - Mobile Application Development in iOS. Our course is taught by rock-star developer and General UI’s Director of Technology, John Bender Ph.D. Our approach and curriculum are proven - you will walk away with a solid knowledge of how to develop for iOS, and with a working mobile app.
Mobile Application Development in iOS: An intro to iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) programming for developers already familiar one or more other languages.
- Understanding Xcode installation and configuration.
- Using Apple’s Interface Builder to layout app navigation.
- Learning Objective-C language and iOS conventions.
- Using Apple's Human Interface Guidelines for app design.
- Coaching through the development of a sample application: Sample app will include gesture recognition, networking, and simple drawing. This intro course, as designed for college students, does not require an iDevice.
- In addition, depending on time constraints, the class may touch on more advanced topics which include video, location, and motion sensing.
10 - 15 hours of course time: Tuesdays at 7pm 1 - 1.5 hours per week for 10 weeks.
When & Where
John Bender Ph.D.
John is the Director of Technology at General UI and has been a software developer for nearly 15 years. John’s professional and leadership experience include positions as a Senior Research Associate at Case Western Reserve University, a Postdoctoral Scholar at the California Institute of Technology, and his research has been featured in both the scientific and popular press. John has university-level teaching experience, most recently teaching a mobile development course at Montana State University during the spring of 2012. John earned a B.S. in Biochemistry from Montana State University and a Ph.D. in Biology from Caltech.