Please arrive at Vidku before 7! The door is locked, we have to escort you up. Thanks to Vidku for being such great hosts!
Vive Interaction Design in Unity
Matt Summers - Pixel Farm
Matt will give an introduction of Vive development in Unity, with a focus on common room scale and hand tracking interactions, and making the most of the Vive controllers. The talk will cover:
- Physical and software setup tips for Vive dev/test in Unity
- Lighthouse mounting options
- Vive controller inputs and ergonomics
- Popular control mappings for common interactions (Pick up, Use, Teleport, etc.)
- Common ways to handle collisions, controller interpenetration, etc.
- Overview of SteamVR plugin for Unity
- Detecting and using different sized play spaces
- Comparison of 3 libraries: ViveGrip, NewtonVR, and SteamVR Unity Toolkit
- Tradeoffs with direct object movement vs physics joints/constraints
There is nearby street parking and surface lots. Parking right in front of Vidku costs more. Try the lots at 1st and Washington (both sides of Pixel Farm), and 3rd and Hennepin (behind Vidku.) Bring cash. Small bills. Unmarked.
6:30 Social, setup and pizza - Thanks Vidku!
7:00 Kickoff, Plug My Thing
7:15 Matt Summers
8:45 Wrap up, head to Red Cow
Plug My Thing!
In addition to informal verbal plugs, we'll also show your trailer, user group, recruitment page, promo video, personal project, demo reel, etc. Grab the appropriate ticket - first come, first served. Guidelines:
- Short and sweet. 3 minutes max! You will be timed.
- 1 short URL, Zero setup (Any media is streamable from fast/reliable site like YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
- Your contact info is on page or in video.
- You were a part of this project, are attending the meeting, and will introduce it.
- Talk to us at least 5-10 minutes early, so we can load your page.
When & Where
IGDA Twin Cities Chapter
International Game Developers Association (IGDA) chapter for the Minneapolis/St Paul (Twin Cities) metro area in Minnesota, USA. An active chapter that usually meets monthly. New visitors (IGDA Members & non-members) always welcome.