The Path to the Professoriate
The Mellon Mays Fellows Professional Network (MMFPN) works to connect Fellows across their career paths. This conference will focus on how the entire MMUF community can support the most recent MMUF graduates who have not yet entered PhD programs as they plan the next stages of their careers. Those who have already begun academic careers will have opportunities both to learn from peers and mentors and to advise others who are preparing for graduate school.
To see a preliminary schedule, click here. This conference will provide programming for MMUF Fellows at all points along the academic path, from recent graduates to junior faculty members. To see a breakdown of conference sessions by intended audience, click here.
In addition to reconnecting with and growing your MMUF Network, you will:
- Learn about cutting edge research from 2016 graduates and recent PhDs during the Research Showcase.
- Take part in panels and discussions involving the entire community, from publishing to work/life balance.
- Participate in professional development workshops and panels specifically targeted to recent graduates, graduate students, or junior faculty and beyond.
The low registration fee includes:
- Participation in all of the conference events
- All conference materials
- All meals during the conference
To help offset the costs of attending, MMFPN is offering a limited number of funding opportunities.
- The first 24 graduate students and recent graduates who register will receive an Early-Bird scholarship which includes complementary hotel lodging (with a roommate) from November 3 - 5.
- The 8 Fellows chosen to present their research at the Research Showcase will receive a travel stipend and complementary hotel lodging (with a roommate) from November 3 - 5.
All other attendees or their sponsoring organization are responsible for individual travel and lodging expenses.
We are pleased to offer a special discounted rate of $169/night at the Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel, 3549 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19104.You must book your hotel room by October 13, 2016 in order to guarantee the discounted conference rate. Reserve your room at the hotel via web or phone:
- If you call (215-387-8000), remember to state that you are a part of the MMFPN Conference to receive the group rate.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Yoona Hong, at (609) 945-7884 or email email@example.com.
We hope to connect with you at the conference!
Rayna Truelove, Mellon Program Officer
and Yoona Hong, MMFPN Program Associate
Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation