MLK2013 Commemorative Ferry Service Reservations
Monday, January 21, 2013 from 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, CA
On January 21, 2013, thousands of celebrants will come together for a full day of exciting programs, festivals and activities in honor of Dr. King at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts and Yerba Buena Gardens. And, through our multi-platform media outlets via broadcast, print, online and social, MLK2013 will extend to over six million regional residents as well as national and international audiences.
In partnership with the Golden Gate Transportation District, we are proud to provide a limited number of free round-trip rides on Golden Gate Ferry from Larkspur Landing in Marin to the celebration events.
- Select the number of commemorative passes, and complete the required basic information.
- After completion of your registration, arrive at your selected station/ferry terminal on Monday, January 21, between 8:30am and 10:30am, and proceed to the MLK2013 Volunteers near the Station Agent booth;
- Present your required Identification (CA D.L. or other state I.D.);
- Once received, provide each person in your group with a commemorative pass or ferry ticket, and proceed through the designated gates at the direction of the Station Agent;
- For Golden Gate Ferry riders, off-board at the San Francisco Ferry Building, and proceed through the building and across the Embarcadero to the historic F-Line street car station; and proceed due west on the F-Line, and off-board at the Market Street at 3rd Street. Proceed south on 3rd Street one block to Mission Street and to the entrance of Yerba Buena Center for the Arts at 701 Mission Street.
- For those wishing to participate in the MLK March/Parade, proceed down 3rd Street one additional block to Howard Street. Proceed west on Howard Street to the front of Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Lam Research Theater and the awaiting SFMUNI shuttles; and
- Board the shuttles to the march/parade.
When & Where
The Northern California Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Foundation
The Northern California Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Foundation is dedicated to extending Dr. King’s vision by helping people to connect to community and to service through ongoing, targeted initiatives throughout the San Francisco Bay area and the northern California region.