Cost: $1,995/Person, Lunch included
Enrollment limited - 32 participants.
Use promotional code "earlybird" by October 7 to save $300 per seat!
- Reduce shortages dramatically.
- Free up working capital by optimizing inventory.
- Reduce factory floor space (by controlling inventory quantities).
- Standardize your material delivery processes.
- Manage materials tightly in spite of high-mix challenges.
- Integrate outside suppliers on a pull system.
What You Will Learn:
- Learn the Lean Material Management Roadmap, the step-by-step method for designing a material delivery system.
- Apply the tools learned in the classroom to the creation of a table top material delivery system.
- Use Excel-based tools and templates to calculate Kanban quantities, and build a Plan For Every Part database.
- Gain experience with simulation modeling, for use in optimizing your delivery route design.
- Enhance your professional development, with skills that you will use for the rest of your career.
- How to apply the Material Management Roadmap, and use it to build a comprehensive Master Plan
- How to calculate Kanban quantities for the Mixed Model Line correctly
- How to design a material delivery route, based on the “water strider” strategy
- What “Standard Work” for material management means, and how to collect and document process tasks and times for material handlers
- Build a Plan For Every Part database, and use it in a series of hands-on exercises
- Test your delivery route designs using simulation modeling tools
- Select the optimum material transport methodologies, from hand-delivery to the use of AGVs
Who Should Participate?
This workshop has been designed for anyone responsible for designing, implementing, or managing the material delivery system or supply chain for a Mixed Model production line based on Lean principles.
- Material Managers
- Material Delivery Specialists
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Supply-Chain Professionals
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event
The closest large airport is Indianapolis, and Columbus is an hour south by car. The Toyota factory is about 5 miles from downtown Columbus, so transportation to the plant will be needed.
What should I bring to the event?
Bring your laptop if you have one, although it's not required. You can bring your camera, but no photos are allowed on the factory floor during the tours. Business casual dress code. No safety shoes needed.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org