Enter promotional code "blackout" by December 2, 2016
Cost: $1,995/Person, Lunch included
$300 Early Bird discount available until July 15, 2017
Use discount code "earlybird"
Enrollment limited - 32 participants.
- Boost in productivity of 20%+.
- Higher level of operator engagement.
- Shorter lead times.
- Leveled product volumes.
- Increased flexibility in responding to changes in the market.
- Free up floor space, your most expensive manufacturing real estate.
What You Will Learn:
- Learn the Line Design Mixed Model Roadmap, the step-by-step method for process design excellence.
- Apply the tools learned in the classroom to the creation of a simulation line design.
- Use Excel-based line design tools and templates to calculate Takt time, resources, and apply line balancing methods.
- Use a copy of the Line Design textbook, The Complete Guide to Mixed Model Line Design.
- Enhance your professional development, with skills that you will use for the rest of your career.
- How to apply the Line Design Roadmap, and use it to build a comprehensive implementation plan.
- How to set Target Volume for the Mixed Model Line correctly.
- How to document the process flow, and use this information to determine products that can be combined.
- What “Standard Work” means, and how to collect and document process tasks and times, using software tools.
- Understand the Takt Time and resource formulas, as a foundation for the eventual line layout.
- Learn the five main Balancing Tools, and how to use them to overcome time imbalances.
- Apply the five Pull Signals to link and balance the work flow, including using In-Process Kanbans and Material Kanbans.
- Create a conceptual layout, incorporating best practices for operator access, safety, ergonomics, product flow and material delivery.
- Test conceptual layout with computer simulation tools, essential for validating a Mixed Model line.
Who Should Participate?
This workshop is for anyone responsible for designing, implementing, or managing a Mixed Model production line based on Lean principles.
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Material Professionals
- Supply-Chain Professionals
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event
The closest large airport is Indianapolis, and Columbus is an hour south by car. The Toyota factory is about 5 miles from downtown Columbus, so transportation to the plant will be needed.
What should I bring to the event?
Bring your laptop if you have one, although it's not required. You can bring your camera, but no photos are allowed on the factory floor during the tours. Business casual dress code. No safety shoes needed.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Save This Event
When & Where
Leonardo Group Americas LLC
Leonardo Group Americas provides Lean workshops, online courses, enterprise-wide consulting, remote coaching, books, performance analytics, and simulation tools. Our client list includes some of the best known companies in the world, including, Toyota, John Deere, Ingersol Rand, and Boeing.