Mississippi Association for Institutional Research Annual Meeting 2014
Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 12:00 PM - Friday, April 11, 2014 at 2:00 PM (CDT)
The 2014 Annual Meeting will be held in Vicksburg, Mississippi April 10 - April 11 at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Vicksburg. The deadline for registration is March 31st!
- We will host our second annual fun run Friday morning April 11th. Join us for a morning of fun with a 1 mile run/walk experience.
- 3330 Clay St., Vicksburg, Mississippi, 39183, USA TEL: 1-601-636-6100 FAX: 1-601-634-1962
- Use MIR code to reserve room for discounted rate
- Your conference registration fee ($125) includes conference and Thursday night dinner and the Friday business luncheon.
- You can pay an additional $50.00 for one adult dinner guest that you might want to bring.
- If you would like to maintain a MAIR membership, but cannot attend the conference you can choose the $50.00 option.
We are excited to announce that there will be a Newcomers Workshop taught by Mary Harrington and Mitzy Johnson, Thursday morning from 8:30 to 12:30 for anyone who wishes to attend. Lunch will be provided. Please sign-up for the workshop by choosing the MAIR2014 Newcomer's Workshop ticket. There will be a $15 fee for this additional workshop.
- This workshop is designed for practitioners who are new to the field of institutional research and institutional effectiveness. With a combination of facilitated lecture/discussion and hands-on exercises, the workshop will address the issues such as the definition of Institutional Research and how Institutional Research/Institutional Effectiveness offices work, identifying data sources and collecting data, developing factbooks and peer comparisons, completing effective reports or presentations in a timely manner, and the role of Institutional Research/Institutional Effectiveness in accountability/accreditation. Participants need to bring laptop for the hands-on exercises.
Deadline to Register is Monday, March 31, 2014.
If paying by check, please register through Eventbrite and print your e-ticket. Your e-ticket will be confirmation of your registration. You will then send a copy of your e-ticket with your check to:
Associate ProvostIf paying by credit card, use the PayPal function. After registering, please make sure you click on the PayPal link to pay via the web.
1500 Peachtree St. Box 282
Jackson, MS 39202
See the conference website for information about how to present a proposal topic.
When & Where
Mississippi Association for Institutional Research
The Mississippi Association for Institutional Research (MAIR) is composed of institutional research professionals at Mississippi's 2-year and 4-year postsecondary institutions.
Dedicated to advancing the field of institutional research in the State of Mississippi and beyond, the organization seeks to serve, and foster cooperation among, professionals from postsecondary educational institutions and agencies whose interests include management research, policy analysis, and planning.