San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
MISSION: PETS ALIVE!
JOIN US March 23 for Mission: Pets Alive! A one-day premiere workshop showcasing best practices for increased adoptions and live release rates (ACO CEU credits available, see details below). Meet experts that have combined innovation, dedication, and a pets alive mission to save the lives of pets in need in their community. We will take a virtual video tour across Texas and see first hand how these inspirational leaders are achieving success! Our speaker panel consists of leaders from Texas no kill communities and a public relations media expert. Topics include:
- The Shelter/Volunteer Relationship: learn how volunteers can provide valuable resources, manpower, and efficiencies for shelter operations increasing pet adoptions/live release rates and excellence in customer service and community relations. – Sgt. Karl Bailey, Seagoville Animal Shelter
- Building an Effective & Large Volunteer/Foster Program: volunteers are key to the pets alive mission. Learn how to recruit, build, and maintain a solid volunteer program. – Dr. Ellen Jefferson, Austin Pets Alive!
- Shelter Disease Management on a Shoestring Budget: learn to reduce the spread of illness and disease in an open-admission shelter even when funds are limited. – Dr. Ellen Jefferson, Austin Pets Alive!
- Shelter Crisis Management: discover how to effectively manage the shelter and maintain no kill during high intake seasons, budget cuts, and other unexpected challenges. - Cheryl Schneider, Williamson County Animal Shelter
- Advocacy 101: Advocating for the pets in my community ... Where do I start?" Who do I contact? What do I say? What if they say "no?" Presenting proven live release programs to shelter and community leadership with the goal to help the shelter improve live release rates. – Michael Kitkowski, Rockwall Pets
- Get Your Paws On More Media – Marketing Without Money: the community is full of animal lovers that will support pets in need, if they know the need. Find out how to get the news media to report your stories! – Jeff Crilley, founder Real News PR, is an Emmy winning, former TV reporter, who will share the insider secrets to getting your stories in the news!
- Shelter Reform & Transformation: A schoolteacher and her husband reformed their city's shelter after it wrongly killed their beloved family pet. The power of awareness, consistency, and open records. This is an invaluable resource for shelter directors and staff to understand how failure to implement and follow state required policies and procedures can result in fines and bad publicity/media coverage not only for the shelter, but the City/Town/County leadership as well.
The Texas Pets Alive Video Tour is the first of it's kind and you will discover innovative people and programs that will both inspire and educate!
Q&A EXPERT SPEAKER PANEL: We want you to leave with questions answered and empowered to continue the pets alive mission, so come prepared to ask! The expert panel will include pets alive leaders, advocates, street stray rescue, social media, and more! This is a very key component of our workshop!
---> NEW THIS YEAR -– Shelter ACO CEU Credits! The Mission: Pets Alive workshop has been pre-approved for 6 Hours Continuing Eduction (CEU) credit by the Texas Department of State Health Services for Texas Animal Control Officers. At the close of the workshop, ACOs may pick up their certificate of completion.
---> NEW THIS YEAR -– a Brown Bag Luncheon! We wanted to keep costs low and increase the amount of time to meet and network with other pets alive advocates and by staying in for lunch, you'll have more time to do so! No refrigerator or microwave available - just brown bag it =).
---> NEW THIS YEAR -– a Swag Bag! All Early Bird registrants who register by Friday, February 22, 2013 will receive a complimentary swag bag that includes a pets alive T-shirt, goodies, and a No Kill Advocacy Center CD that is loaded with incredible resources to assist you in your pets alive mission! Included on the CD are notes from the 2013 National No Kill Workshop, feral cat program, advocate's tool kit, fiscal impact, animal law, and so much more! Please understand due to production time, we must limit to those that register no later than Friday, February, 22, 2013! Must be present to receive swag bag.
DOOR PRIZES: Must be a paid registrant and present to win.
LIGHT REFRESHMENTS: provided at breaks
SCHEDULE: Registration Opens at 9:30am • Workshop Begins at 10:30am • Arrive early to network with others!
THE PRICE OF ADMISSION: the admission price is necessary to cover workshop expenditures; we make every effort to keep price as low as possible to be affordable for all. This year we have the added costs of the video and travel, but it will be fantastic!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Shelter directors, animal control officers, rescue groups, animal shelter board of directors, shelter task force, elected officials, realtors, students, advocates, volunteers, networkers – anyone interested in increasing shelter pet adoptions and live release rates in their community! This workshop is designed for YOU – a person that wants to volunteer, implement, inspire, and/or lead change in your community. Think one person can not make a difference? Come meet our Speakers who have been catalysts in creating pets alive communities. Leave informed, inspired, and with a blueprint of what you can do to help save lives in your community. The event is open to anyone who wishes to learn and do more!
HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS: There are several hotels near Irving Bible Church; you can see them in this link: http://goo.gl/maps/Udx3G
NOTE: Since the facility we're using for our workshop is a church, please use discretion and do not wear any clothing that would be offensive to church values out of respect; the rate they are charging us is much more affordable than the local conference centers are and we are very much appreciative for their generosity. Thank you!
NOTE: Workshop details are subject to change due to unforseen circumstances (i.e. speaker illness, etc.).
NOTE: Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable * Organizers reserve the right to refuse admission to the event for any reason.
When & Where
Founded in 2008, Pawsitively Texas is a social media network raising awareness for pets in need, animal rescue groups, and Texas animal shelters. Please join us ...