San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
We have undergone a system change, all purchases should now be made directly through our website. Sorry for the inconvieneance.
Aimed at systems administrators and IT professionals looking to get started on an OpenStack Cloud deployment, this three day course provides an intensive mix of lectures, demos with individual labs and group exercises.
- Day 1 provides an OpenStack overview & architecture. It covers: the project goals and use cases; basic operating and deployment principles; cloud usage patterns, with an OpenStack codebase overview; creating networks/tenants/roles; cloud networking; and OpenStack tuning and troubleshooting.
- Day 2 Starts with a review of cloud storage, and moving on to OpenStack in Production. It covers: deploying OpenStack for real-world use, and practice of OpenStack operation on multiple nodes; Swift Object Storage use cases, architecture, capabilities, configuration, security and deployment; advanced topics in deployment and production operations workshop; comparison of VMware with OpenStack; and a look ahead to the OpenStack roadmap.
- Day 3 picks up where the the bootcamp left off. You will get a chance to deploy OpenStack manually on a lab environment with baseline OS. Our experts will guide you through installation and configuration of OpenStack. Following the manual deployment, our instructors will give a Fuel demo where you will learn about Fuel and automated deployment.
Systems administrators, devops engineers, systems architects, network engineers
Familiarity with Linux CLI and basic virtualization concepts
Please bring your own laptop to class; supported configuration must include:
- Disabling blocked ports or corporate firewalls (Usually just turning off the native Windows or 3rd party firewall will work)
- Wifi adapter (b/g/n) to join our local WiFi network hosting the lab virtual machines
- Web Browser – Chrome or Firefox is suitable
- SSH client: for Windows, an SSH client such as putty or Cygwin; OSX and Linux have native SSH clients
By the end of this course, class participants will have covered:
MODULE 1: OpenStack Overview
- Overview of project history and releases
- Core projects overview (Nova, Glance, Keystone, Swift, Quantum, Cinder)
- Nova architecture overview
- VM provisioning walkthrough
MODULE 2: OpenStack Networking Overview
- KVM networking with Linux bridges
- Single-host vs multi-host networking
- The role of Network Manager
- Different Network Manager types
- Floating IPs
- Traffic Flow
LAB 1: OpenStack basic operation: Single and multi-node, user and admin views
MODULE 3: Swift
- Project overview
- Usage and use cases
- The Ring, RingBuilder, partitioning
- Account, container and object servers
- Deployment and Operations
LAB 2: Swift – CRUD Containers, objects; Using Swift API
LAB 3: Break-and-fix session
MODULE 4: OpenStack in Production
- OpenStack HA (High Availabiliity) Overview
- OpenStack monitoring
- OpenStack Physical deployment
- OpenStack cluster testing
- Deployment tools overview
LAB 4: Multi-node OpenStack Deployment
MODULE 5: Advanced Topics
- OpenStack/VMWare gap analysis
- Community activity and future roadmap
MODULE 6: Deployment
- Review example installation architectures
- Review Service Architecture
- Grizzly Manual Deployment
- Preparing Ubuntu
- Configuring the network
- Install and configure Mysql
- Install and configure RabbitMQ
- Install and configure Keystone
- Install and configure Glance
- Install and configure Quantum (Neutron) with OVS Plugin
- Install and configure Nova
- Install and configure Cinder
- Install and configure Horizon
- Creating VMs and testing the installation
- Fuel Introduction
- Fuel features: current and upcoming
- Show Cobbler UI and how Fuel uses it
- Use Fuel to bring up a multi node OpenStack environment
If you wish to cancel your order it must be done at least 10 days prior to the beggining of the class to be eligable for a refund.
Students failing to cancel their class in time will not receive a refund and will be charged the full ticket price.
We review our classes two weeks prior to the class date. In the case that there is low enrollment, classes may be cancelled or rescheduled anytime at our discretion. Mirantis is not responsible for non-refundable expenses incured by the student.
When & Where
Mirantis is the pure-play OpenStack Company. We deliver all the technology, integration, training and support needed for running OpenStack. More customers rely on Mirantis than any other company to get to production deployment of OpenStack at scale. Among the top three companies worldwide in contributing open source software to OpenStack, Mirantis has helped build and deploy some of the largest OpenStack clouds. Mirantis is headquartered in Mountain View, California and is venture-backed by August Capital, Ericsson, Insight Venture Partners, Intel Capital, Sapphire Ventures and WestSummit Capital.