One-day seminar that will prepare you for the FAA Remote Pilot Certificate exam, allowing you to fly drones for hire or in furthurence of a business. You will learn everything necessary to pass your FAA test and start flying your drone commercially. Full details at http://twincitiesdroneschool.com
- The class will be held on December 3, 2016 from 8:00am to 5:00pm, with a one hour lunch.
- Lunch is on your own.
- The class will be held in the Heritage Room.
- Twin Cities Drone School reserves the right to cancel the class if enrollment targets are not met.
- No cancellations within one week of the class are allowed.
- This class does not include FAA examination fees. You must schedule the exam separately, at an authorized FAA testing center, and additional fees may apply. We'll walk through this process during the class.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am a current sport, private, commercial, or airline transport pilot. Is this class a good option for me?
About 75% of the class covers material that current, certificated pilots should already know. If you have a current flight review, you can obtain your Remote Pilot Certificate by taking a free online course from the FAA. If you do not have a current flight review, you will need to pass the same written test that non-pilots take to obtain your Remote Pilot Certificate. If you'd like a refresher of your aeronatuical knowledge and also want to learn the new FAR 107, consider taking the class.
Does the class really cover everything for the test? Is there a guarantee for passing the test?
Past students who have taken the test within a week or two have been able to pass the test with good scores. However, mileage may vary depending on the amount of effort you put in, and we do not guarantee that you will pass the test. While the class does cover everything needed to pass the test, we still encourage you to spend several hours studying on your own. This will help the concepts sink in and help you feel more prepared for the test. All study materials are included in the tuition.
Are there other requirements for the Remote PIlot Certificate?
Yes, In addition to passing the knowledge test, you must be at least 16 years old; able to read, speak, and write the English language; and pass a TSA security check (the FAA performs the TSA check when you apply for the certificate and there is no additional fee for this).