Thanks for your interest. If you'd like me to let you know about the next one, send a message to email@example.com!
Saturday, April 7, 2012. 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Please arrive by 9:50 a.m.
(Limited to 16 participants.)
A mini-retreat for men.
There is tremendous healing, calming, rejuvenating and esteem-building power in the simple practice of paying close attention to the experience of touch. Real Touch offers just that opportunity – to experience mindfully, share intentionally, offer compassionately, and receive gratefully. Real Touch – given to ourselves or others – is healthy physiologically, emotionally and spiritually. It increases our sense of connection and intimacy. And Real Touch can be enjoyable! All from paying attention and sharing authentically - as if for the first time as a child.
However, many of us live in “touch poverty,” were hurt by touch, have gotten bored with it in our relationship, or simply feel awkward sharing it. Touch between men plummets in the teen years as we yield to societal mores against men using touch for affection or compassion. Rarely are we taught directly how to touch in a way that inspires compassionate connection, living and healing.
Men Need Real Touch fosters a safe and fun environment for you to:
* bring mindfulness to all the touch we already receive daily
* reconnect to the innate sensual pleasure of touch
* offer ourselves healing touch
* share touch with clear intention
* re-ignite the heart of touch between partners
* connect authentically with other men
Men Need Real Touch also offers you:
* peer-supported exploration of your thoughts and feelings about touch (uncovering limiting beliefs to help you move through them)
* guidance on different kinds of touch for different intentions
* practice of fundamental techniques for massage on yourself and others
* ways to turn mundane experiences (such as a handshake) into powerful connection.
Return to Real Touch – with intention, given confidently, received sincerely – for feeling whole again.
Suggested fee is $30 per person. Bring a friend or partner for $25/person. Choose to register for the full-weekend retreat April 20-22, 2012, and this event is free.
Payments accepted at the door in cash, debit or credit.
Bob Pileggi is an Interfaith minister. Bob is a certified yoga instructor currently teaching weekly at LA Fitness and other special events. Bob produces and facilitates workshops, retreats, and individual healing sessions with spiritual counseling & coaching, and body, energy, and breath work. He also creates custom ceremonies for weddings, memorials, births and other poignant life moments. http://www.bobpileggi.info
Image courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net
When & Where
Community for Awakening Self Expression & Connection
Open the Body. Focus the Mind. Allow the Heart.
Inspiration & Facilitation for Experiencing Life, Self-Expression, Connection & Mindful Collaboration