Rocky Mountain Ruby Conference - a single track conference devoted to the Ruby Programming Language - is happening at the Boulder Theater from Wednesday Aug 31st to Friday Sep 2nd. More info at http://rockymtnruby.com/
The mini code retreat will be free for participants, and will be a practice event, focusing on the fundamentals of software development and design. Over three iterations of 45 minute paired programming and 15 minute retrospection, we aim to provide the developers with an opportunity to practice the basic principles of software design, and improve their ability to write code that minimises the cost of change over time.
The event - while being organized during a conference devoted to Ruby - will be language-agnostic.
Plan for the evening:
5:30 pm - 6:00 pm : Welcome, Introductions, explanation of the problems.
6:00 pm - 6:45 pm: Session #1 of paired programming
6:45 pm - 7:00 pm: retrospective, break
7:00 pm - 7:45 pm: Session #2 of paired programming
7:45 pm - 8:00 pm: retrospective, break
8:00 pm - 8:45 pm: Session #3 of paired programming
8:45 pm - 9:15 pm: Final retrospective & Closing circle
- Trada Codespace is hosting this event at their offices in Downtown Boulder, and are providing for food and drinks at the event.
- The event is open for both rubyists and non-rubyists, and will be language-agnostic.
- There is no entry fee for the event.
- Limited to 30 participants.
- If you register & then know you can't make it to the event after registering, please cancel your ticket ahead of time, so as to allow for others to take up your spot.