This one day boot camp by Protégé Game Studios will teach students to modify the popular Minecraft game with programming and various build tools. Participants will work hands-on within a team-social environment to create customized Minecraft worlds on their very own development server. All course files and documentation will be available online for students to access at home after the boot camp.
- Installing & running your Minecraft server.
- Console server commands
- Basic console coding commands
- Build bigger, build faster with 'Code'!
- Your first code mod: 'Explosive Arrows'!
- Have other minecraft players connect to your server
- Building a Castle together (bury treasure)
- Saving your minecraft world to show your friends
- Team Game: working together!
- Defend your castle
- Attack the other team's castle.
What to Bring
This course requires a Minecraft account. If your student does not have a Minecraft account, you can purchase one online at minecraft.net or purchase a Minecraft gift card at stores like Meijer, Target and Gamestop.
You are not required to bring a computer to participate in this event, computers will be provided. If your kid would like to bring his laptop we can accommodate but are not responsible for the loss or damage to their computer.