Join us for a life affirming workshop in conscious living. We will practice guided instruction in mindfulness meditation, gentle stretching and mindful yoga. Our practice will be enhanced by group dialogue and discussions aimed at increased awareness in everyday life. Additionally, there will be home assignments with four practice CDs. The course consists of eight weekly classes and one day-long Saturday retreat.
Participants in the past have benefited from reductions in stress, chronic pain or illness, anxiety, stomach ailments, sleep disturbances, fatigue, high blood pressure and headaches. This class was developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn. There is reliable research that supports claims that participants experience enhanced psychological hardiness and a greater sense of meaning and purpose in their lives.
Please note that participants must attend the Free Introduction on February 9th prior to the full series. Please call us if you have a conflict on February 9th.
Thursdays, February 16 to April 6
Day-long retreat: Sunday,March 26, 9am-4pm, Auditorium 5A, DHMC
$330/person for the eight weeks and the one-day retreat
Melissa Laverack, MAT,MA, MBSR Teacher
- Register by calling 603-650-2600.
- All classes take place at the WHRC, on the mall in Lebanon, NH, unless otherwise noted.
- Class fees are due at least one week prior to class.
- Refunds are given if you withdraw from a class at least one week before the class begins.
- Partial scholarships are available from donations made to the WHRC Scholarship Fund.
- Many insurance plans offer reimbursement to their subscribers for participation in our classes. Call your employer or insurance representative for eligibility.
Keywords: Community Health Education