San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Mindfulness is paying attention, on purpose, in the present moment, without judgment.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) uses mindful movement, meditation, group discussion, and inquiry to teach the participant how to use mindfulness to respond more effectivelyto stress. Studies indicate that MBSR programs can reduce anxiety and increase general well-being and overall happiness.
This comprehensive 9 week (10 sessions) program will provide you with:
- Practical ways to integrate mindfulness into daily life and build and sustain a personal mindfulness practice
- A deep understanding of such topics as mindfulness, stress, and communication
- Interactive mindfulness practices
- Small and large group discussion
- Daily home practice materials and CD’s of guided mindfulness practices
Mindfulness can be successfully learned and practiced by people of all ages and backgrounds. No prior experience is necessary. This course is open to the public.
Dates: Tuesdays, September 19- November 14, 2017 1st session March 21 is a required orientation. In addition there is a full day retreat on Saturday November 4th, in the BRL Conference Room, 361 Whitney Avenue, Holyoke,
Location: 361 Whitney Avenue, "Glass Room"
Time: 6-8:30 P.M.
$150* for Baystate Health employees.
$400 for non-Baystate Health employees
*Baystate employees have the option of paying this cost via BH payroll deduction. The form will be supplied on the first day of class. In addition, this course is eligible for the $150 Fitness/Stress Reduction Reimbursement for Baystate Health employees enrolled in the BH-HNE medical plan. The form is located eWorkplace/BaystateHealthy/Fitness.
Refunds: You will receive a full refund if you cancel your payment within the first 4 days of class.
- If you paid by credit card, and cancel within 4 days of the first class, log back into EventBrite to cancel your enrollment.
- If you paid by payroll deduction, email BaystateHealthy@BaystateHealth.org
You will receive a partial refund if you cancel before the third class, minus a $50 processing fee. You must email the instructor and BaystateHealthy@BaystateHealth.org with your request by the deadline.
Participants who completed the program report:
- “I now have control over how stress affects me, my health and my well-being.”
- “I learned what it means to live in the present moment. To plan for the future, without living in the future. To reflect on the past, without dwelling in the past.”
- “Mindfulness helps me keep a level head during unpleasant situations.”
About the Instructors:
John Meiklejohn, LICSW, BCD has had a 30 year private practice of psychotherapy for adults, teens and children. He is currently a leader and coordinator of the Mindfulness Meditation Group of Westfield that meets at the Genesis Spiritual Life & Conference Center where he has taught several MBSR courses.
Annemarie Gockel, Ph.D is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Practice at the Smith College School for Social Work. A licensed psychologist, Annemarie integrates mindfulness into student training, practice with clients, and conducts research on mindfulness-based interventions.
Robert Smith, DO is the Director of Baystate Health’s Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Programs. In addition, he trains mindfulness teachers worldwide as a teacher trainer for Oasis Professional Education Programs at the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. Dr. Smith is also an Assistant Clinical Professor of Family Medicine at Tufts University School of Medicine.
Save This Event
361 Whitney Avenue
Whitney Conference Center, "Glass Room"
Baystate Health's Baystate Healthy program!
Baystate Health is a not-for-profit, integrated health care system serving over 800,000 people throughout western New England. With roots dating to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing skilled and compassionate health care in the Pioneer Valley for more than 140 years.
OUR FACILITIES AND SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Baystate Medical Center: a teaching hospital, and the region’s only level 1 trauma center
- Baystate Children’s Hospital
- Three community hospitals
- A network of more than 80 medical practices
- Health New England, a health insurance provider
- Home care and hospice
- Comprehensive regional laboratory and diagnostic services
We’re proud that many of our services have been nationally recognized for their quality.
To improve the health of the people in our communities every day with quality and compassion.