This event, which includes an 8K, a 5K and a 3K, has become the kickoff for the high-school cross-country season and the signal for GWTC members that it’s time to start racing again after a summer hiatus. The race is a great chance for GWTC members and local high-school runners to mix it up together. Jeanne O'Kon, Tom Perkins and Bill Lott have teamed up as race directors to create a great event that gives you a real taste of Elinor Klapp-Phipps Park.
When: August 20, 2016
Where: Gate B, Elinor Klapp Phipps Park (1.3 miles west on Miller Landing Rd)
Time: 8K/5K start at 8:00 a.m., 3K starts at 9:00 a.m.
Fees: No surcharge for online registration. Help this race become paperless!
- Age 18 and under: No fee. Minimum of 4 cans of food
- Over Age 18: $10.00 donation and minimum of 2 cans of food
- No T-shirt option: $8.00 donation and minimum of 2 cans of food
Day of Race Registration:
- Age 18 and under: $5.00 and a minimum of 4 cans of food
- Over Age 18: $15.00 and a minimum of 2 cans of food
- No T-Shirt Option: $10 donation and minimum of 2 cans of food
- All donated food items will go to Second Harvest Food Bank. Help us collect 2,000 pounds of food!
- All monetary proceeds benefit the GWTC Chenoweth Fund.
- T-shirts are guaranteed for pre-registered runners only.
- Register and/or pick up your packet on Wednesday, August 17 at Capital City Runners, 1817 Thomasville Rd., from 4:00-7:00 p.m. Don't forget to bring your donations of canned goods.
- Race Day Registration begins at 6:30 a.m.
High school age and middle school age club teams may compete for team awards in the 5K and 3K races, respectively. Runners must enter team name when registering online. Every participant will be required to fill out a waiver and have it signed.
For more information about the Chenoweth Fund or Gulf Winds Track Club, go to our website. For race information, contact Tom Perkins at (850) 894-2019 or Bill Lott at 656-1273.