MIG/TIG - Fun with Metal - Welding Class
This class will introduce some of the basic skills of welding to a complete beginner. We will talk about technique, prepping for welding, and most importantly safety. This will be a 2 session class lasting ~4 hours for each class.
- Saturday Febuary 23rd & March 2nd from 10am to 2:30pm SOLD OUT
- Saturday March 23rd & March 30th from 10am to 2:30pm SOLD OUT
- Tues & Thurs April 16th & 18th from 6pm to 9:45pm SOLD OUT
- Mon & Thurs May 13th & 16th from 6pm-9:45pm SOLD OUT
The welding class will include the following:
- Metal Inert Gas/Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG/GMAW)
- Tungsten Inert Gas/Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG/GTAW)
- Wire feed welding, Tungsten Welding, Plasma Cutting
- Basic skills, Safety
- Grinding, Chopping, Plasma Cutting, etc.
- Personal Protective Equipment
Day 1: Intro, cover basic technique, review safety (PPE), lay a bead of weld down. Review push/pull welding methods, holding MIG gun and begin welding stuff together. We will review weld penetrations, technique, etc.
Day 2: TIG Welding & Plasma Cutting, and Welding Practice / Project Day
Important safety info:
Wear comfortable clothing that is ideally cotton/cotton blend and flame resistant. Closed toe shoes and long sleeve clothing should be worn to prevent burns. There is a potential for your clothing to get damaged. We will provide protective eyewear/welding mask, and welding gloves. If needed, a welding jacket may be available.
Pre-payment is required, no walk-ins, sorry. All payment is via paypal, and you must register for this class using Eventbrite. Once this class is complete, you will be able to use the MIG welders at the hack factory if you're a paying member. Payment will not be refunded once the class has started.
Where does your money go? It goes directly to The Hack Factory, and non-profit community org. This helps pay for maintenance, materials, and keeping our doors open for you!
For more info email dave at drstrangelove dot net.
Instructors: David Bryan
This should be a fun time for all, we hope to see you soon!
Some fun examples: