San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
We have all been deeply affected by the tragic events in Newtown. We, at Midcoast Crossfit, will be holding an informal competition on Saturday, January 19th. The format would be as follows:
- Tickets are donation based, with a suggested donation of $20.00
- Partner WOD: Randomized MM/FF teams with both Rx and Scaled divisions. (We think randomized teams will promote the community feeling and help keep perspective on why we are having the event).
12 min AMRAP of Jack
10 Push Press (Rx 115/80; Scaled 75/45)
10 KB swings (Rx 53/35; Scaled 35/26)
10 box jumps (Rx 24/20; Scaled 20/18)
- 3 min rest -
15 min time cap on Angie
- Top 3 MM/FF (Rx & Scaled) will perform partner Karen (150 wallballs - Rx 20/14; Scaled 14/10).
- 100% of all proceeds will be given to the Sandy Hook community. In addition, the prizes will be large donations made in the names of the winners. All proceeds from the event will be directed to The University of Connecticut Foundation, Inc. to benefit the Sandy Hook School Memorial Scholarship Fund.
- Registration will begin at 8:00am; the Athletes Meeting/Team Selection will begin at 9:00am; the first heat will begin at 9:30am.