San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Microsoft Remote Desktop Services and VDI in Windows Server 2012:
This will be a Level 100 to 300 session. Attendees should at least have a basic understanding of what Microsoft Remote Desktop Services is (or server based computing with third party products). The Master Class will be about 5 hours long. At the end of it you will be able to understand what benefits and features Microsoft RDS and VDI bring, what components it is made of and how to optimize management and user experience.
1) “This is Microsoft Remote Desktop Services and VDI in year 2013” - Level 100
- Demo of most the features of Microsoft RDS and VDI combined into one design. Purpose is to show you what is possible with RDS/VDI in Windows Server 2012. Including installation, management and user experience.
2) What makes the Remote Desktop Services/ VDI so great in Windows Server 2012? - Level 100-200
- Overview of some of the exciting features in Windows Server 2012 that will help you to create a cost efficient, well manageable solution that meets customer’s needs.
3) How to design your RDS / VDI Farm? From licensing and high availability to PoC. What tools from Microsoft product portfolio should you use? Level 300
- Remote Desktop Services / VDI Components? What’s new, what’s updated?
- RD Host, RD Services Broker, RD Gateway, RD Licensing, RD Web detailed components overview.
- Microsoft VDI solution detailed components overview
4) Optimized user experience – from remote access to user profiles and RemoteFX - Level 300
- How to optimize user experience with help of profile discs, protocol optimization, RemoteFX, multimedia enhancements.
- Secure remote access – Microsoft RD Gateway and Microsoft Direct Access – what are the differences.
- Ways of delivery
- Published Desktop, published applications, access via Web, integration in Windows 8
5) Microsoft System Centre Integration – from management to software distribution.
6) Value added products from third parties & comparison to them:
- Citrix XenApp vs Microsoft RDS
- VDI- in-a-Box vs Microsoft VDI
7) Microsoft RDS/VDI and mobile devices: from Windows Phone and Microsoft Surface Pro to devices with iOS and Android. All of them have RDS clients, but which one is the best?
When & Where
Alex Cooper is one of the nine people worldwide holding Citrix CTP, Microsoft MVP and VMware vExpert at the same time. Alex has been one of the first Citrix CTP's after this program invention in 2006. He has also been Microsoft MVP for 10 years, plus has been awarded VMware vExpert in 2015, 2016, 2017. Alex specialisation is management, virtualisation and infrastructure consultancy all over the world. His knowledge and experiences had made many small, medium and very large virtualization projects a success.