Microsoft Project 2013 and Project Online – An Essentials Certificate Series
Tuesday, November 19, 2013 at 12:00 PM (EST)
**Please Note: You will only need to register once on this page to be registered for all three days (Nov. 19th, 20th, and 21st). We will send out calandar notices and log-in information for each session closer to the events**
Session Format and Credit:
The course comprise of 3 sessions of 120 minutes each. MPUG Certificate upon completion of series and opportunity for 6 hours PMI® PDU credit.
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone who has the words “Project Manager” in their title
- Anyone who doesn’t have the formal title of Project Manager, but finds themselves managing a list of tasks in order to achieve an end goal. You could be an engineer, office manager, trainer, analyst, team leader, software manager, business manager. The roles are many and varied, but all share a common requirement to achieve a level of project management capability.
You Will Learn:
- What is a project, what is Project Management, and who manages projects
- Key goals and challenges facing Project Managers
- Which tools should you consider using, and when, during the project lifecycle
- All about Microsoft’s online strategy, including Project Online and Project Pro for Office 365
- The key steps required to master Microsoft Project
- How to apply these key steps to Project Online
Session 1: Tuesday, Novemeber 19th, 12-2 PM EST
Getting Started with Project Management and the Microsoft Toolset
- What Is a Project?
- What Is Project Management?
- Who are Project Managers
- Key Goals & Challenges Facing Projects
- Tools, tools and more tools
Session 2: Wednesday, Novemeber 20th, 12-2 PM EST
Use Project Like a Pro
- 10 steps to mastering Microsoft Project
Session 3: Thursday, Novemeber 21th, 12-2 PM EST
Welcome to Project Online – what, no MS Project!
- What is Project Online, where to get it, what does it cost?
- Using Project Online
- What’s Project Pro for Office 365
- Online via your computer and internet connection using Citrix GoToWebinar
- Three 2 hour sessions (three sessions required for certificate).
Certificate and PMI® PDU Credit
- MPUG Certificate for “Microsoft Project 2013 and Project Online” upon completion of three sessions
- 1 PMI PDU for each hour attended
Awarded Community Leader for his very popular and comprehensive UK web training series. Ben Howard has over 20 years experience of implementing enterprise solutions such as MRPII, ERP, and latterly Microsoft’s EPM (Project and Project Server) solution. During that time he’s worked for IBM, DELL, and Microsoft, as well as several smaller organisations. He now runs his own EPM consultancy (Applepark Ltd), providing Project Server implementation and training services. His has been awarded the Microsoft Most Value Professional award for Project for the last 5 years, and has published the successful “Microsoft Project 2013 Plain and Simple” book.
Where Project Managers and Microsoft® Meet. MPUG delivers our users relevant and independent Microsoft Project Management content, resources, opportunities and community networking world wide. MPUG connects thousands of project management practitioners -- to help them better leverage their investment in Microsoft tools such as Microsoft Project, Excel and Sharepoint for Project Management and ultimately advance their businesses and careers.