Actions and Detail Panel
Microsoft Excel Training Course Toronto (Intermediate / Advanced)
Thu, May 4, 2017, 9:00 AM – Fri, May 5, 2017, 4:00 PM EDT
Microsoft Excel: Intermediate / Advanced (2 Day Course)
Microsoft® Excel® Versions: 2007 | 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 365
Dates: May 4/5, 2017 | Check for more dates
Location: Downtown Toronto | Toronto Star Building, 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Delivery Method: Instructor-led classroom training
This hands-on Microsoft Excel training course is designed for the user who wants to move to the next level and focus on core competencies in Excel. Students will review common functions and key concepts and then move on to powerful conditional functions and tools including IF, SUMIF, COUNTIF, VLOOKUP and conditional formatting. Links will be created and managed between worksheets, workbooks and other programs. Students will review strategies to manage list or database data using filtering, sorting, subtotalling and validations. Using Excel data, charts will be generated and formatted and then a chart template will be created to save time. Students will also summarize list data using pivot tables and will create simple macros to automate repetitive tasks. Throughout this course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts.
Duration: 2 days (9 am - 4 pm)
Course Fee: $595 CDN per person + HST or BYOD (bring your own device): $545 CDN person + HST
- Using shortcuts for selectng and navigating
- Applying custom formatting
- Working with different types of references
- Naming cells and ranges
- Inserting formulas using common functions and operators
- Using shortcuts to insert formulas
- Creating conditional formulas using the IF, SUMIF and COUNTIF functions
- Using the VLOOKUP function to display conditional results
- Applying different types of conditional formatting
- Formatting multiple sheets efficiently using cell styles
- Protecting worksheets and workbooks
- Linking worksheets and workbooks
- Inserting Excel data into Microsoft Word
- Working with database lists and extracting data
- Sorting and filtering data
- Using advanced filtering
- Converting database lists to tables
- Reducing errors with validations
- Creating charts for data visualization
- Inserting pivot tables to summarize data
- Automating tasks using simple macros
Who will benefit
This course has been designed for Microsoft Excel users who have completed the Microsoft Excel: Introduction training or have comparable knowledge and skills.
Can I bring my own device?
Absolutely! If you choose to bring your own device, you will receive a reduced rate. Be sure to bring a power cord and a mouse is helpful.
Included in this course:
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Microsoft Office training series
Other courses in this series include:
About Avantix Learning courses
Avantix Learning offers live instructor-led classroom (ILC) courses allowing personal interaction between the students and the instructor. We specialize in small classes, typically ranging from 6 to 8 students to ensure an optimal student to instructor ratio.
Public courses are offered in downtown Toronto at 1 Yonge Street (Toronto Star Building), Suite 1801, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Our top-notch instructors have years of experience in the business world and students are encouraged to ask questions during our courses. Avantix Learning senior instructors have 15 or more years of experience. A complete profile of the instructor leading a specific course is available on request.
Have a question? Email us at email@example.com.
You can also find information about all of our courses on our web site at www.avantixlearning.ca.
We understand that your plans may change. Check out our refund policy for information regarding refunds and transfers.
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.