Microsoft Excel: Formulas and Functions (2 Day Course)
Microsoft® Excel® Versions: 2007 | 2010 | 2011 | 2013 | 2016 | 365
Dates: November 28/29, 2016 | Check for more dates
Location: Downtown Toronto (Toronto Star Building, 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801, Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
In this instructor-led course, students will learn to use many more powerful Excel functions and features including text functions, date functions, lookup functions, logical functions, and information functions. Formulas will be created in conditional formats and applied to rows of data. Students will create calculated fields in pivot tables and will use powerful what-if analysis tools including Goal Seek, Scenarios, one and two input Data Tables and Solver. Throughout this course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts.
Duration: 2 days (9 am - 4 pm)
Course Fee: $595 CDN per person + HST or BYOD (bring your own device): $545 CDN person + HST
- Creating If statements with logical and IS functions
- Extracting data based on multiple criteria
- Dealing with errors
- Creating calculations in pivot tables and tables
- Using text functions to clean up data
- Creating date calculations
- Creating time calculations
- Converting cata to other types
- Highlighting data using conditional formatting and formulas
- Ranking and rounding
- Calculating averages and weighted averages
- Creating array formulas
- Generating data tables with one or two variables
- Using Goal Seek
- Creating multiple scenarios with Excel’s Scenario Builder
- Installing and using Solver
Who will benefit
This course has been designed for Microsoft Excel users who have completed the Microsoft Excel: Intermediate / Advanced course or have equivalent knowledge and skills.
Can I bring my own device?
Absolutely! If you choose to bring your own device, you will receive a reduced rate. Be sure to bring a power cord and a mouse is helpful.
Included in this course:
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Microsoft Office training series
Other courses in this series include:
About Avantix Learning courses
Avantix Learning offers live instructor-led classroom (ILC) courses allowing personal interaction between the students and the instructor. We specialize in small classes, typically ranging from 6 to 8 students to ensure an optimal student to instructor ratio.
Public courses are offered in downtown Toronto at 1 Yonge Street (Toronto Star Building), Suite 1801, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Our top-notch instructors have years of experience in the business world and students are encouraged to ask questions during our courses. Avantix Learning senior instructors have 15 or more years of experience. A complete profile of the instructor leading a specific course is available on request.
Have a question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also find information about all of our courses on our web site at www.avantixlearning.ca.
We understand that your plans may change. Check out our refund policy for information regarding refunds and transfers.