San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This Excel VBA course will help you see how some of your time-consuming daily task in Excel can be automated using a tool named - Visual Basic for Application (VBA).
This course will help you discover the wonder of Excel Visual Basic for Applications from recording macros to advanced automation technique.
At the end of the training, the participants will able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of Excel VBA
- Understand the Visual Basic Editor environment.
- Understand and use basic Excel Objects
- Understand variables concept
- Using Looping structure to do repetitive Excel task automatically.
- Using code to decide which logic path to work on.
- Connecting to database programmatically
- Automate Pivot Table reporting
- Send email to multiple audiences according to pre-defined list automatically
You must be a Microsoft Excel user on a day-to-day basis to take full advantage of Excel VBA. Note: You do not need to know any programming language prior to this class, and that is completely ok.
Module #1: Introduction to macro/Visual Basic for Application (VBA)
- Developing wonders in a whole new world.
- Understand and using new command
- It’s simple, just record it
- Understand what you have recorded
- And more.
Module #2: Understand the new VBA Environment
- The Visual Basic Editor
- The 4 Windows
- Running Macros
- Learn to comment fast
Module #3: Save your hard work
- Save your macro.
- Reopen file
- Enable macro
Module #4: Accessing Excel Cell’s Value
- Navigate within a worksheet
- How to access a particular cell
- Selecting entire current range
Module #5: Object
- What is Object?
- What is OOP?
- Object examples
- declaring an Object variable
Module #6: Variable Concept
- What is variable?
- How to use a variable
- The different type of variables
- Declare a Constant
- Benefit of using a Constant
Module #7: Working with Text
- Essential task: Joining words
- Finding the length of a text
- Getting part of a text
- See how fast VBA turns all selected text to uppercase or lowercase
Module #8: Examples & Demos
- Highly useful VBA Examples
- Easy to follow VBA exercises
- Demo related to converting PDF
- Demo related to currency
Module #9: Flow Control Using IF, AND, OR
- Using IF
- Combination of IF, AND
- Nested IF
- If ElseIf
Module #10: Looping
- For Loop
- While Loop
- Exiting a Loop
- Looping with flow control
- User Defined Function Creating User Defined Functions
- Event Procedures
- Using the With statement
Module #11: Passing argument to Function
- What is an argument?
- How to pass single argument
- How to pass multiple arguments
- Difference between ByVal and ByRef
Module #12: Worksheet Operation
- Working with single worksheet programmatically
- Working with multiple worksheets programmatically
- Insert worksheet
- Delete worksheet
- Moving worksheet
- Renaming worksheet
Module #13: Interacting with Outlook From Excel
- Sending email from Excel
- sending email without attachment
- Sending email With attachment (PDF, Word, Excel, Powerpoint or any format you want)
- Setting email priority – High, Low, Medium programmatically
Module #14: Exporting and Importing Data
- Export data to Microsoft Access/MySQL
- Import data from database
- Removing duplicate data
Module #15: Error Handling
- On Error
- Resume statement
- Entering formula
- Formula VS FormulaR1C1
Module #16: Running faster code
- Disable screen updating
- Using Activate instead of Select
Module #17: Entering formula
- Using .Formula method
- Using .FormulaR1C1 method
- Enter Worksheet Function such as MATCH, VLOOKUP, PROPER and etc.
For the sample of works, please visit:
WHY LEARN WITH US?
-Small class size. Before you decide, just ask other training providers, how many students per class?
-PSMB Approved Training Provider. We deliver only the excellent Excel training you want.
-Highly creative and experienced. We are the expert in applying various Excel functions and feature. We have trained more than 200 corporate clients including batches of finance staffs for Bank Negara Malaysia, TESCO, Maybank and etc.
-Ongoing learning. You can further deepen your Excel skill and understand by purchase videos tutorial after the training session. It’s great and excellent tool for you to revise what you learned and help you enhance your skill to next level, all this - on your own pace.**
-Carefully designed course material and exercise. Easy to understand and practical example for various job functions.
-Excel Peak Performance Coaching. We are committed 100% to your success in applying Excel to master level within 3 - 5 months or less through one to one coaching.**
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, just show us your ticket on your mobile phone will do. Let us go green.
What is the refund policy?
No refund. However, replacement is allowed for the registered date.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
It is OK. As long as you can explain logically.
Will a certificate be given?
Yes, a certificate will be issued upon completion of the program, you will receive it 1 day after the training.
Please sign up today. Only 4 seats available. Limited seats.
Learning Time: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thank you very much in advance for learning with us.
Save This Event
When & Where
Creativewise Sdn Bhd
Creativewise Sdn Bhd (formerly UGROW IT Solutions)
- 15 yrs experience in IT industry
- 8 yrs corporate training experiences
We provide all level of Microsoft Excel training for senior management and executive. We has successfully trained LB Aluminium Berhad, Nokia Siemen Network, ThaiExpress Sdn Bhd, SGS Malaysia Sdn Bhd, DataStream Solution (Brunei) Sdn Bhd, 3ntity Berhad, SGS Labuan (Group of Oil & Gas Chemists), AVNET Malaysia Sdn Bhd, SOMFY Sdn Bhd, KTC , New Horizons Malaysia, Nota Asia, Tunku Abdul Rahman College, Kawan Food Berhad, Merge Energy Berhad, PUMA, Syngenta, Ntritex Sdn Bhd and etc
"Kent has helped my staff to reduce data analysis time in calculating staff overtime." ~ LB Aluminium Berhad