Microbiological Sampling of Foods
Wednesday, January 23, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This webinar on microbiological sampling for foods will address fundamental approaches to sampling, from raw materials to finished products. Topics will include sampling plans, sample collection methods and chain of custody issues. A primary focus will be on interpretation of results, based on the limitations of sampling plans and microbiological methods.
Why Should You Attend :
Sampling of foods and food products has been a fundamental part of quality assurance and safety. However, few stop to think about all of the aspects of sampling on a regular basis, nor do they consider the impact of changing detection methodologies on the interpretation of the data. Given the investment in quality assurance and the value of these programs to maintaining the image of the brand, it is important to assure that the programs are delivering their maximum benefits. Within the area of microbiological sampling, considerable resources may be invested by a company, and it is important to determine that these resources are being wisely utilized.
This session is designed for food processors who currently employ microbiological testing as part of their quality assurance program. The session will aid not only those directly involved in sampling, but also those who are required to make informed decisions based on the results of the sampling program. The session will cover the basic concepts of sampling, from sample collection to laboratory analysis. It will also discuss the limitations of microbiological sampling programs, so that the results can be properly interpreted. The goal of this session is to aid food processors in the design and implementation if sampling programs, as well as facilitating the understanding of the results.
Areas Covered in the Webinar :
- Microbiological sampling plans.
- Sampling methods by Sample Type.
- Sampling Equipment and Containers.
- Sample Identification.
- Sample Preservation.
- Sample Holding Time.
- Chain of Custody.
- Methods of analysis.
- Interpretation of results.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.