Actions and Detail Panel
Micro-Shelter Build Workshop for Permaculture Interns
Sat, April 1, 2017, 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM PDT
Songaia Co-housing Community will be building two micro-shelters this summer for intern housing (not tiny homes because it doesn't include utilities).
The build workshop will take place over two days. Friday, March 31st and Saturday, April 1st. From 9:30-4. One admission covers both days. Come as you are able.
Cost: The full cost of the workshop is $40....or pay $10 and bring the balance in recycled materials needed for the build. Register for the workshop and we will send a list of materials needed for the build.
Registrants will receive a materials list, you are welcome to substitute a portion of the workshop fee with recycled materials.
What to expect from the workshop:
• A hands-on building experience. We will be assembling the micro-shelter and discussing the process and modifications we made while we build the shelter.
• At lunchtime on both days we will have a chance to talk about the changes we made to this design and why and to share participants experience and knowledge about building shelters and tiny homes in our area.
What to bring to the workshop:
• Recycled materials for the build. You will receive a materials list after you register.
• Bring gloves and protective eye-wear if you have it.
• Dress for the weather.
• Bring any tools you think might be useful - label them and keep track of them.
• Lunch - we will provide a simple soup - bring something to add to that.