Micro-Finance OPEN HOUSE - Startup Social Enterprise Group
Thursday, April 7, 2011 2pm-5pm
SPRING 2011 SOCIAL IMPACT EXPO
Thursday, April 7, 2011
2:00 - 5:00pm
Gutman Conference Center, Harvard Graduate School of Education
OFFICE OF CAREER SERVICES
Harvard College and Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
Harvard University's 5th Annual Social Impact Expo. This event connects over 200 motivated and talented Harvard graduate students to organizations that are working on some of the most challenging social issues of our time.
Philanthropist.org invites you to join us for an open house to learn about how to get involved with our new micro-finance and micro-philanthropy startup venture. We are currently looking to add members to our team. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a promising new social enterprise. Please BRING YOUR RESUME! The ideal candidates are energetic problem-solvers, networkers, big-picture thinkers, and experts at execution.
Current opportunities allow qualified candidates to demonstrate deep involvement without the risk. At the moment, we only need ONE NIGHT PER WEEK of your time as we lock down our strategy, develop processes, and perform the basic "blocking and tackling" required to get a venture off the ground. The team currently meets weekly on Tuesday nights from 6-11pm.
Open House Agenda:
6:30-7:00 Video Presentation
7:00-7:30 Group Interviews
7:30-8:00+ One-on-One Interviews
There is no Cost to attend, but please be on time as we cannot accept late arrivals. Light refreshments and snacks will be served.
More About this Exciting Opportunity:
Philanthropist.org is currently seeking funding and cannot offer salaried compensation at this time. But your participation offers immediate return as a valuable experience item on your resume during this down economy. Naturally, the organizations success (and your part in that success) offers future earnings potential, namely on booking micro-finance tours (expected to pay about $1000 commission per sale). The job entails working with sophisticated banking software platform and operating in a fast-paced high-tech environment. You should have a cell phone, a laptop computer, a positive attitude, great people skills, a strong work ethic, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Most importantly, we are seeking hard working, honest people who are motivated to succeed in business and life by helping others less fortunate.
Numerous Positions are available. This is a great opportunity for:
- MBA Students
- Programmers & Web Developers
- Finance Professionals
- Sales Professionals
- Management Professions
- Marketing/Advertising Professionals
- Soon to be Entrepreneurs
- Investment Bankers
- Law Students
- Non-Profit Professionals
- Computer Science Pros
- Political Science & Policy Students
Other qualifications that might make you an attractive candidate to join our team:
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a Plus
- SEO, Social Media and Internet Marketing Experience
- Flexible Working Hours for Student Schedules
- Evening Work Schedule for Working Professionals (Every Tuesday Night)
- Location is on MBTA (The T) for Easy Commute
- Great Resume Exposure - Letter of Recommendation Offered
- Our fantastic location is easily accessible by car, walking, and the T.
- Enjoy the best bars & taverns after work.
- A professional office with support from co-workers.
- Continuous training and support by experienced management.
- A huge network of established relationships.
- The potential and the motivation needed to grow.
- Our advertising includes a strong web presence with a great google rankings.
- No application fees or any other fees!
For those looking for entrepreneurial adventure, consider joining us on our next inspiring Micro-Finance Profiling Field Trip in January. View Pictures from the last trip in September:
***Did you know? In the Dominican Republic (alone) the Market for Micro-Finance Loans is over $28 Million? The Average Loan is $361 USD with over 50,000 clients having small loans. Over 70% are women, and payback rates exceed 97% (better than traditional banking). Please see the few examples on Youtube, and research Micro-Finance prior to Arrival so you are fluent in terminology: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro-finance