Next class starting
November 30, 2016
Video Conference Details
Once you register and make the payment, you will receive the details on how to log into gotomeeting along with other details. We use gotomeeting to teach the class.
This course is designed for the beginner to intermediate-level Tableau user. It is for anyone who works with data, regardless of technical or analytical background. You'll learn about and how to use the important concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Connect to your data.
- Edit and save a data source.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, logic statements and quick table calculations.
- Represent your data using the following visualization types:
- Cross Tabs
- Pie Charts and Bar Charts
- Geographic Maps
- Dual Axis and Combo Charts with different mark types
- Heat Maps
- Box Plots
- Distribution Charts
- Highlight Tables
- Tree Maps
- Scatter Plots
- Use Reference Lines to highlight elements of your data.
- Use groups, bins, hierarchies, sorts, sets, and filters to create focused and effective visualizations.
- Use Measure Name and Measure Value fields to create visualizations with multiple measures and dimensions.
- Handle changes in your data source such as field addition, deletion or name changes.
- Share your visualizations with others.
- Combine your visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web.
This course will be delivered through:
Instructor Led -
- Online Training
- 1 month
- Twice per week
Module 1: Getting Started
- Tableau Interface
- Workbooks and Sharing files
Module 2: Data Sources and Connection
- Connecting to databases- sql, google analytics etc.
- Editing data connections, metadata and data sources
Module 3: Analytics
- Drill down and hierarchies
- Sorting and grouping
- Additional Formatting
Module 4: Popular visualizations through Tableau
- Bar plots, pie charts, line graphs and scatter plots
- Box plots
- Waterfall charts
- Treemaps, word clouds and bubble charts
Module 5: Dashboards
- Building dashboards
- Layouts and formatting
- Adding Interactivity
Module 6: Adding computations
- Aggregate calculations
- Logic calculations
- Aggregate calculations
- Date Calculations
- Number calculations
- String calculations
- Working with expressions
Module 7: Additional Topics
- Tableau Server and Tableau Online
- Working with API’s