MI Night: The rise of Gamification
Thursday, July 14, 2011 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (BST)
The use of game mechanics to engage consumers via social games such as Farmville and Social City has skyrocketed, creating an industry with 100 million people playing online and generating in excess of $1billion of revenue in 2011.
Crucially we have seen that the stereotypical image of gamers has changed, with 65% of facebook gamers being women and on average aged 35.
The whole gameification phenomenon, whether applying it to daily interactions or social gaming, offers a huge marketing opportunity. It is an increasingly effective way to create loyalty, increase the value of the customer and generate new business.
Come along and learn exclusive insights and how you can effectively exploit gamification.
- If this sector grows as big as predicted, you really need to be in the know.
- As Al Gore recently said “"Games have clearly arrived as a mass medium, this is a very large, extremely significant industry with a wildly diverse and rapidly-growing audience of players on all kinds of platforms.”
- Attending the drinks will enlighten you on how others are succeeding in this environment and how you can too.
- Most importantly it is free!
What will I learn:
We will provide you with essential facts and knowledge about Gamification and Social Gaming so you can start to formulate a coherent and successful strategy.
There will be highly respected specialists in Gamification advising on top tips and case studies to inspire.
We have a number of clients and agency staff attending, so this is a great networking opportunity and a chance to swot up on one of the key digital trends for the next 12 months.
- David Rose, CEO, We R Interactive
- Kasia Zaniewska, Strategy Director, TBWA\London
- John Parslow, Marketing Communications Manager, Nissan
Who will I meet:
The events are attended by brands and agencies so MI Nights are a great environment to discuss ideas, network, gain inspiration and ensure you’re keeping abreast of the latest techniques and trends. Please feel free to bring colleagues and clients along.
6.30: Drinks commence
7.15: Talk starts
7.45 - 9.00: Drinks and networking
MI Night: The rise of gamification is in association with TBWA\London Group - Disruption & Media Arts.