Mi Futuro: The North Bay's Youth Healthcare Symposium
"Mi Futuro esta en Carreras de Salud: My Future is in Healthcare" is the North Bay's healthcare symposium for youth to introduce careers in Mental Health and Primary Healthcare Careers.
This symposium is offered to ALL youth age 16-30. However, the symposium targets Latino youth and is culturally sensitive to the unique Latino patient-care needs. Sonoma County is predicted to have a dominant Latino population by 2050. In an effort to strategically manage the local healthcare workforce development to reflect the expected patient-care demand, Mi Futuro highlights and targets the Latino population.
The symposium will expose you to:
- career opportunities in mental health & primary healthcare
- raise awareness of mental health stigmas
- the impact of mental health in primary healthcare and the community beyond
- interactive stations to introduce primary healthcare fields
- dynamic speakers to plant new ideas
- workshops and tabling will offer educational/financial resources
- health care agencies tabling their services
Event Workshop details will be available soon. Stay tuned!