MHM Open Water Swim Challenge sponsored by Orange Theory Fitness (5/25)
Sunday, May 25, 2014 from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM (MDT)
OPEN WATER SWIM CHALLENGE!!
ORANGE THEORY FITNESS OF LITTLETON
SWIM LABS OF COLORADO
Date: Sunday May 25th
There are 1/2, 1, 1.5, 2 and 2.5 mile options. Wet suits are permitted but keep in mind the lake temperatures at the end of May will be between 62-68 degrees but can vary. There will be separate divisions for each category, male/female and wet suit/non wet suit..
- The race will begin at 7:30 AM. . You can warm up from 6:45-7:15. There will be a mandatory pre race meeting at 7:15 a.m. We have to be off the premises by 10:15
- 2.0 & 2.5 Mile Males: Both Wet Suit and Non Wet Suit will start at 7:30**
- 2.0 & 2.5 Mile Females: Both Wet Suit and Non Wet Suit will start at 7:35
- & 1.5 Mile: Males, both Wet Suit and Non Wet Suit will start at 7:40**
- & 1.5 Mile: Females both Wet Suit and Non Wet Suit will start at 7:45
- 1/2 mile: Males/Females, both Wet Suit and Non Wet Suit will start at 7:50**
- The event will be chip timed
- Each wave will have different colored swim caps which are provided by Blue Seventy
- We will only be using the 1/2 mile course for this race. It is early season, the water will be colder and a number of you will not have been in the open water. Using the 1/2 mile course gives us better safety coverage.
- Swimmers will swim multiple loops to make up the distance. This will be on a honor system (you are only cheating yourself)
- There are no Prizes or Awards for this swim. We will have raffle prizes provided to us by our sponsor. We will have awards for the July 5th race. Results will be provided by the following age groups/divisions:
**(Males and Females are not separated for awards. Depending on the wave sizes we may group males and females together.)
- Under 21 Wet Suit and Non Wet Suit
- Ages 22-35 Wet Suit and Non Wet Suit
- 35+ Wet Suit and Non Wet Suit
- Only $25 until the 16th of May when the price goes up to $35.
- Registration ends on 5/23 at 5 pm.
- Race day registration is $40. (Cash or Check only)
- Race Day Registration will be permitted from 6:00-6:45 am at a cost of $40 (Cash or Check only)
- Pick up your chip on race morning
- The locker rooms will be open pre and post race but you must exit the premises by 10:00 am
- There will be safety kayaks on the lake during the race.
- No Dogs are allowed on the grounds!! Please leave your dogs at home.
There is room for about 100 cars in the parking lot. PLEASE car pool. If you park in the adjacent neighborhood RESPECT the community (Holiday weekend and the neighbors are probably going to be asleep when you arrive). If you have spectators, please have them car pool with you or park at the grade school located 1/2 mile south on Grant Ranch Blvd.
When & Where
MILE HIGH MULTISPORT, LLC
Welcome to Mile High Multisport, LLC. Founded in 2004 by Peter and Kathy Alfino of Highlands Ranch, Colorado. Our goal is to deliver superior triathlon coaching services to multisport athletes regardless of age or ability. Our 40+ years of triathlon/multisport racing includes marathons, duathlons, mountain bikes, Xterra, sprint, Olympic, half Ironman and ten Ironman finishes. Our staff has successfully coached beginner triathletes to completion of their first races, as well as, elite athletes who have raced at the Triathlon World Championships. These experiences have given us a breadth of hands on knowledge to share with our athletes. As working parents of two active children, we realize that "HOW YOU TRAIN MAKES THE DIFFERENCE". Contact us today to discuss your coaching needs for the upcoming race season.