#MesosTownHall Meeting 11/19
Tuesday, November 19, 2013 from 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, CA
We've organized an Apache Mesos "townhall" event to bring together companies and community members that are:
- interested in contributing to the open source project
- actively using or testing Mesos
- OR just enthusiastic about Mesos and want to get involved in another way
We're looking to bring together active and interested folks to share their best ideas. Rather than a normal meetup where a presenter talks at you, the purpose of this townhall is for attendees to talk to one another.
The official hashtag of the event is #mesostownhall
The event format will be simple: we'll begin with lightning talks, then break into small unconference sessions organized by participants before reporting back to the larger group.
Sessions are your chance to discuss what matters most to you about the future of the project, whether that's a particular feature, practical needs such as packaging, Docker integration, porting frameworks to Mesos, overhauling the project documentation, etc. We're eager to hear what ideas you have!
If you're interested in attending a Mesos hackathon during the same day, please indicate on your registration. Based-upon interest, we'll strategize the best way to handle the demand (location TBD).
Proposing an Unconference Session or Lightning Talk
Sessions will be organized and proposed at the event itself -- come with your ideas and questions. When you arrive at the townhall, you'll see large notepads. If you'd like to propose a session idea, please write your topic on one along with your name.
Each attendee will review the session ideas, and leave check marks for topics they'd like to see. There is no guarantee that every session that's proposed will be pursued, and we may end up combining similar topics if necessary.
Lightning talks are a chance to give short pitches for work that you're doing, questions you have, and highlight contributions to the core that are ongoing. Each lightning talk will be 4 minutes, strictly enforced due to time constraints. We encourage participants to sign up for lightning talks prior to the event by emailing Dave Lester (email@example.com).
- Guestlist closes at 9am the day of the event
- If you have RSVP'd YES, but find that you can no longer attend, please update your RSVP to allow folks on the waiting list to attend
- Security will be checking IDs at the door. Your RSVP must reflect your FIRST NAME AND LAST NAME matching your ID.
*Please note: You WILL NOT be allowed into the event unless we have your first and last name (that matches the name on your ID)
Day of Event
- Doors will open at 5:30pm and will be closed at 6:30pm - you must arrive on time to ensure access into the event.
- Please check-in on the first floor lobby upon arrival and check-in at a special table setup for event sign-ins.
- Once checked-in you will be sent up to the 10th floor for the event.
*Note: Press is not admitted into these events; please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Twitter reserves the right to refuse entry to this event. Twitter also reserves the right to remove individuals from Twitter's premises for disruptive or disorderly behavior, or for any other reason in Twitter's sole discretion.
Directions / Parking
- Twitter HQ is located at 1355 Market St.
- If you're taking BART or Muni, exit at Civic Center and walk up Market St.
- There are several bus lines (the 6, 71, 21, etc.) that stop right outside of the building
- If you're taking Caltrain, get off at the 4th and King station and you can take the Muni 83X shuttle which goes directly to the office
- Coming by car? There is plenty of street parking nearby