Actions and Detail Panel
Mental Health First Aid Training Course - November 2016
Tue, 8 Nov 2016, 09:30 – Wed, 16 Nov 2016, 13:00 GMT
This course will be in 4 parts delivered over 4x half days:
Tues 8th Nov 2016 09.30-13.00
Wed 9th Nov 2016 09.30-13.00
Tues 15th Nov 2016 09.30-13.00
Wed 16th Nov 2016 09.30-13.00
ATTENDENCE ON ALL DATES IS REQUIRED TO RECEIVE THE CERTIFICATE
What will I learn?
Our MHFA Standard course is split up into 4 manageable chunks. These are:
- What is Mental Health?
- Depression & Suicide
- Anxiety and Self-harm
In each section you'll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
How will I learn?
The sessions will be a mix of presentation, group discussions and group work activities. Our instructors provide a very safe learning environment and are trained to support you throughout the whole course. If you don't feel comfortable joining in certain bits, then don't, we won't make you do something you aren't comfortable with.
Due to some of the sensitive subjects of our courses, including suicide, we limit numbers to 16 people. We want everyone to feel safe and our instructors can help if people find some bits particularly difficult.
You'll receive a MHFA Standard manual that you can take away with you at the end of the course and also an attendance certificate from MHFA England to say you are now Mental Health First Aider.