Mental Health First Aid Standard, Two-Day Accredited Course - Sheffield
In any one year, approximately one in four British adults experience at least one diagnosable mental health problem. Mental ill health can affect every single one of us. It is estimated that productivity losses due to mental health and family problems cost the UK over £30 billion per year. This equates to over £1,000 per employee.
This course is designed to provide participants with the tools and the confidence to recognise the signs that someone may be unwell. It will help participants to provide initial help to guide a person towards appropriate professional help.
The course is split into four areas of learning, which are:
What is mental health?
Anxiety and Depression
his course is designed for anyone who has an interest in mental health awareness or wishes to become a Mental Health First Aider.
By the end of the two-day course participants will be able to:
Spot the early signs of a mental health problem;
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing mental ill health;
- Provide help on a first aid basis;
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others;
- Help stop a mental illness from escalating;
- Help someone to recover faster;
- Guide someone towards the right support;
- Reduce the stigma of mental health.
Each MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured trainer, who has attended the seven day instructor training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
Manual, workbook, refreshments and light lunch are included in the course fee.