Actions and Detail Panel
Mental Health Administration
Mon, May 15, 2017, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
Instructor: Brad Hedges, Ph.D., LPCC-S, Psychologist
Most clinicians are well trained in providing direct clinical care, but have very little training in the administrative functioning of an organization. This training is designed to provide clinicians with a fundamental understanding of the business functions of an organization and will introduce clinicians to the core business concepts needed to serve in any administrative role within an organization.
- Identify 6 corporate structures and 5 practice types
Understanding 6 core business functions
Process your role in MH Administration
- Types of Business
- What are some Pro/Cons of the different kinds of practices/programs?
- Starting a practice/program—Questions to ask yourself (Worksheet 5-7)
- Core Business Functions
- Foundations to developing a practice/program
- Service Delivery
- What Is a Quality Service?
- How Do We Measure Quality?
- How Do We Establish Quality
- Financial Management
- Some Basic Financial Terms
- Costing Services
- Financial Statements
- More Advanced Financial Terms
- A Few More Important Concepts
- Creating a budget
- Human Relations
- MIS/Records Management
- Plant Management
- Risk Management
- Ways to help administer a practice
Participants: Counselors, Social Workers, Psychologists
For Directions Please Refer To: