Monday, October 24, 2011 at 8:00 PM (EDT)
Durham, United States
ONLINE SALES have ENDED. There WILL be tickets for sale at the door
"On debut EP The Years, the young Guelph, Ontario duo Memoryhouse layer reverb over wistful, bittersweet hooks and minimal drum machine tics like a more fresh-faced Beach House. Evan Abeele, a student of classical music, originally intended Memoryhouse to be a multimedia art project, pairing his compositions with singer Denise Nouvion's photographs." - Pitchfork
Under the Radar: http://www.memoryhou.se/video
When & Where
The Pinhook has become Durham’s premiere venue for live music, excellent DJ’s, basic chilling, and collaborative creative events. Here’s what we got:
- Weekends of Musical Mayhem- featuring the best bands from The Triangle, North Carolina, and well beyond.
- Weeknight Monthlies like Open Mics, Open Jams, Karaoke, Trivia, and DJ sets.
- THE GREATEST BAR STAFF IN THE UNIVERSE!
- Pool, Tekken, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Backgammon, Scrabble, etc. (and people with whom to play these games)
- CHEAP. DRINKS. $3 Tallboys, $2 PBR, $1.50 Schlitz, $4 Well Drinks Monday-Wednesday.
- Nightly specials – the perfect way to make cheap drinks even cheaper.
- A PATIO OUT BACK! OUR PATIO IS SO AWESOME. I LOVE YOU, PATIO.
But the most important thing we have is YOU. The Pinhook is YOUR place. We believe that communities thrive when there is a public place for their citizens to be themselves, whether on stage or on a barstool, relaxing or rocking out. For Durham and the Triangle, the Pinhook is that place.
You gotta make your own fun in life, but we’re here to help.