Actions and Detail Panel
Meetup: GE Predix Dallas (Industrial Internet)
Tue, May 31, 2016, 5:30 PM – 9:00 PM CDT
5:45 - Doors open. Networking. Members meet each other.
6:45 - Welcome. Members to share topics of interests for future meetings.
7:00 - Talk #1. Cross Section of Predix by Elena Travkina, IoT Development Practice Lead, @Altoros
7:30 - Q&A break.
7:45 - Talk #2. IoT Embedded Solutions by Mark Szewczul, IoT to Cloud Solutions Architect, @Silicon Labs.
8:15 - Q&A break & wrap-up.
Talk #1: Cross Section of Predix
In this session, we will review the elements of Predix, a prime candidate to become the platform of choice for the industrial internet & IoT.
Can it really solve the hard problems that exist in the physical world and separate the minds and machines?
Are there any bottlenecks which may prevent Predix from conceiving, delivering and scaling some of the most important industrial advances of the next 10-20 years?
1. What is Predix, really?
2. What does Predix bring to the table? 3. How is Predix different from vanilla Cloud Foundry? How is it different from IBM BlueMix?
4. Predix Service Catalog. Which services can set Predix apart?
5. Top use cases & applications of Predix professionals.
6. Likely scenarios for evolution of Predix.
7. What is possible - the new world ahead - places you've never been before where Predix may take you today and tomorrow.
Speaker: Elena Travkina, IoT Development Practice Lead, @Altoros
Talk #2: IoT Embedded Solutions.
Mark will overview Silicon Labs product and SW offerings from his portfolio, with a focus on MCUs (8bit, 32bit Cortex), Wireless (ZigBee, Thread, BLE) Sensor (Temperature, Humidity, optical sensor engine) technologies as well as their Module Product offering and Simplicity Studio IDE.
Speaker: Mark Szewczul, IoT to Cloud Solutions Architect, @Silicon Labs.
Systems engineer with 21 years experience from design, test, deployment and security of Telecommunications and Computing applications. He received his MSEE from Texas A&M, has 3 patents, and is a published author.